Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Or is it too big and designed more for larger game?
Also, is it a good all around gutting/cleaning knife or more of just a skinning knife?

Curious to hear from those with experience. I’m considering purchasing this one with S90V...
Hunting knife Knife Tool Blade Fashion accessory

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
It’s my main hunting knife albeit I’m an elk hunter first. It’s holds it edge well and has helped breakdown a few elk and mule deer. I carry it and a havalon in my pack. Havalon could bread down a deer if it had to but I like it for detailed work around ribs and caping. I’ll deal with the extra ounces on a knife in my pack to make the work easier. Every year I send it to benchmade to get it factory sharp again as I lack the skill set to sharpen knifes. This year probably not since I missed my elk or could not get a clear shot but that’s hunting lol.

·
Registered
398 Posts
this is what I use. mine is a older version but the same specs

·
Corripe Cervisiam
27,384 Posts
Or is it too big and designed more for larger game?
Also, is it a good all around gutting/cleaning knife or more of just a skinning knife?

Curious to hear from those with experience. I’m considering purchasing this one with S90V...
View attachment 7743987
I have that knife along with the Altitude and the Silicone handle smaller version with S30v ( I cannot remember the name)

I really like this knife and Love the S90v Steel, it holds an edge like crazy. It is A fairly big blade Compared to my other knives so it’s taking a little bit to get used to that extra length.

You will need a diamond system to sharpen it….whereas the S30v sharpens with good stones.
I use the Edge Pro diamond system…expensive but a once in a lifetime purchase.

That knife is probably overkill for just whitetails. Another cheaper option is that Ridge Belts S90 V skeletonized version.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts