Archery Talk Forum banner

Is broadhead tuning, fine tuning?

1202 Views 8 Replies 9 Participants Last post by  hjort jagare
Just wonderin if broadhead tunin is fine tunin? If not what else would I need to do to super tune it?
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
9,996 Posts
Since different broadheads fly differently, you are custom tuning to get broadheads and field points to hit in the same place. I prefer to tune my bow with field points and bare shaft. I like paper tuning the best. Once I get my arrows flying as good as possible, I try a few different broadheads and pick one with the same poi as field points. Some bh's just don't fly very well and you can chase them all over and not get them dialed in. By tuning with field tips first, I can create a neutral baseline to work from. I don't like to move my rest much after I have it tuned. I have been using magnus stingers for several years and have great success with their poi and penetration.
Tuning broadheads require good flying charactoristics to begin with. Be open to trying different bh's and tuning methods.

· Registered
3,864 Posts
I always consider my bow tuned when it shoots field points, bare shafts and broadheads to the same poi at my max range (80 meters). As Fletched said but inregards to picking a broadhead I've found as long as the head spins straight it will shoot to the same poi.

· Registered
3,868 Posts
Broadhead tuning is the last step in my tuning process. Since I've been shooting GrizzTricks there's not much to tune.
Skeeter is correct Broadhead tuning is the last step. IMO a good tune starts with putting the bow to spec (timing the cams) setting center shot and nock height. Shoot it through paper followed up by some walk back tuning and then broadhead tune. It takes a while but its worth it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.