Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m looking into a higher tier hunting clothing. I keep going back to first lite. I want clothing to cover early season bow hunts plum through early elk late mule deer and spring turkey. My question is is this stuff worth the money and as good as advertised.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
I wear L in first lite and XL in sitka. L is sized smaller across the board but the fit is exceptional and quality is great too

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
Coming from scentlok, scentblocker, and cabelas brand camo I can say most of my first lite gear is leagues better in terms of fit and performance. There have been very few first lite pieces that I wasn’t impressed with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have also looked at kuiu I’m just not sure how I feel about their camo pattern but I do like the looks of the mid and base layers. My bow is kuiu camo. I am willing to consider anything just want dependable and durable equipment that I don’t have to replace very often

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I would prefer my base or mid to be a neutral colors browns grey and greens I really don’t mind outer pants the same just maybe overthinking the camo

·
Registered
392 Posts
FL gear is great. Sitka is great. Kuiu is great. The FL merino is the best base layer there is. I think the FL outer layers at much more quiet than the other “alpha” offerings. Kuiu has the best rain gear/extreme outer wear, the Sitka Jet stream jacket and Timberline pants are great. This is just my opinion. As mentioned earlier, the FL stuff seems to fit more true to size, the Kuiu and Sitka often require up sizing. Pneuma makes good outerwear also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
I have a ton of Sitka, First Lite, and Kuiu mid and outer layers. Enough to admit that I have a major problem. They all make great gear, some more suited than others for different uses/seasons. As far as quality goes, all top notch in my opinion and not one outshines the other.

After trying base layers from all companies, I settled on First Lite. They have a tremendous variety and have found their stuff to be very durable.

1 - 20 of 110 Posts