Archery Talk Forum banner

101 - 110 of 110 Posts

·
can I shoot it?
17,050 Posts
I would have to echo the Solitude jacket, but with the addition that you also would need the Solitude bibs. They work as a system with the opening pass through and really are best used together if you are going to be using it on the colder end of the spectrum (which you would be if you are using it as your only set). The Sanctuary system is absolutely incredible though in the cold.

·
can I shoot it?
17,050 Posts
Probably doesn't help but if you (or anyone) is near Des Moines Iowa I would be willing to meet and let you try on whatever I have that you are interested in buying. Heck if it is too big you can stop over for a bite to eat and some cold ones and maybe it would fit by the end of the evening.

·
Registered
12,061 Posts
I bought a few more things from first lite this year (like I do every year) and one thing I needed was a vest, my kuiu guide DCS finally gave up the ghost, and I was never really impressed with it.... I looked at kuiu, sitka, and first lite, and my favorite option was the first lite sawtooth hybrid, but I had some serious doubts about it being warm enough. I was intrigued though, because I have 2 of the cirrus jackets, and that insulation is legit.... i'm super impressed with the sawtooth hybrid vest, they nailed it with that product. perfect for my needs (usually shedding it pretty early in the morning, and it will be a great layering piece later in the season.... sleeper product

·
Registered
561 Posts
I would have to echo the Solitude jacket, but with the addition that you also would need the Solitude bibs. They work as a system with the opening pass through and really are best used together if you are going to be using it on the colder end of the spectrum (which you would be if you are using it as your only set). The Sanctuary system is absolutely incredible though in the cold.
I have the Sanctuary bib but am looking for a jacket. I can buy FL at a discount so I could get rid of it and go with all solitude bib and jacket. I rarely wear the sanctuary bibs because they are so warm.

·
Registered
4,366 Posts
I bought a few more things from first lite this year (like I do every year) and one thing I needed was a vest, my kuiu guide DCS finally gave up the ghost, and I was never really impressed with it.... I looked at kuiu, sitka, and first lite, and my favorite option was the first lite sawtooth hybrid, but I had some serious doubts about it being warm enough. I was intrigued though, because I have 2 of the cirrus jackets, and that insulation is legit.... i'm super impressed with the sawtooth hybrid vest, they nailed it with that product. perfect for my needs (usually shedding it pretty early in the morning, and it will be a great layering piece later in the season.... sleeper product
I have the Sawtooth jacket and really haven't used it as much as I thought I would. I've actually considered just turning it into a vest just because the sleeves on the Sawtooth hybrid are a little constrictive.

·
Savage
652 Posts
I have so much first lite gear its crazy, and its all good, however if i'm being honest when i examine Sitka's stuff its better thought out and seems to be better quality. Price is also about 20% higher for sitka too. but like anything sales can be had....that fusion tho

·
can I shoot it?
17,050 Posts
I have a whole bunch of both Sitka and FL and study both quite a bit. I will not and can not knock Sitka for their quality and design. I also used to think it was a little ahead of FL in that respect but now I believe that the ideas that go into each company and product are different, but not necessarily better in either direction. Both companies value different aspects of design. You are right though, for a do all, everywhere pattern Fusion is hard to beat. There is a reason the military went away from digital patterns and into more abstract patterns. Also the grey of EVII works amazing on an overcast days with a little bit of snow on the ground and the leaves mostly gone from the trees but Fusion works well there too, and a whole lot better for most of the days of a season.

101 - 110 of 110 Posts