Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
10,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not sure why this even popped in to my mind lol. At any rate, I was just sitting here thinking and I remembered a comment in a thread a WHILE back from a member on here who's name I'll leave out.

At any rate, this person claimed he practiced in all the positions that he might find himself in during a hunting situation, BUT...... he went on to say he was PROFICIENT at shooting a bow while laying on his belly lol.

Now, I have imagined every possible angle of the body and bow, but i can't see this being anything other than some special effect in a Hollywood movie lol.

Anyone else here ever even attempt anything this bizarre? :confused:

·
In 'Da Head
24,266 Posts
Laying on your belly? How would you even anchor? I guess with a recurve or longbow one could do it...but a compound?:confused:
I will say I probably couldn't hit a 10 yard target on my belly, but people never cease to amaze me...especially those older fellas that shoot traditional.

·
Banned
1,045 Posts
I watched 3 people just today shooting from there belly's. their sights are sideway's. good groups at 100 yards.

·
In 'Da Head
24,266 Posts
lefty1 said:
I watched 3 people just today shooting from there belly's. their sights are sideway's. good groups at 100 yards.
You are kidding right?

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
lefty1 said:
With what a rifle?:confused:
Shawn F.

·
Banned
10,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
2nd Nature said:
With what a rifle?:confused:
Shawn F.

I was thinking the same thing.

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Dah right!?!?!?

Shoot a rifle, shoot a muzzleloader yes, bow ???? Id really like to see that, espically where the arrow would land!!!!

·
Registered
4,165 Posts
Stickbow yes....VERY POSISBLE provided your not overbowed. Cant see a compound doping it thought.

·
Registered
971 Posts
thats a big gut:confused:

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
wtih traditional equipment it can be done. article in last years primative archer covered the topic.
when it comes to compounds? haven't seen it but way too many weird variables. ill let you try it heheheh

·
In 'Da Head
24,266 Posts
beenfarr said:
Anything is possible...when your online and never have to prove yourself!! :lol:

Ben
I just may have to put that in my signature line:wink:

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
It certainly wouldn't be my first choice of positions but definitely possible with the right equipment (even a compound), you guys that have never shot off the shelf or from your knuckle without sights clearly underestimate what can be done.

L

·
0 Posts
I thought thats why they made the whisker buiscuit:tongue:
Considering how many here shoot 1/2" groups at 40yrds and 3" groups at 85yrds Im SURE its happening, though the groups are probably a tiny bit bigger.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts