Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a spyder 34zt and I want to shoot it at 60#, Im over my shoulder starting to get strained/tired quickly so I want to shoot lower. I have 60-70# limbs. If I drop it down to 61# or so. Is it even worth getting 50-60# to max it out or just going with cranking down my limbs down?

I'm not sure if it'll really matter will it?

Side question: I currently shoot 31.25-31.5" draw and I take the grip off my Hoyt to get it there. If I put a grip on it will it REALLY make the draw change that much? With the grip off its hard to get a repeatable grip on it: so I'm trying to get a grip put back on. Anyone know?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Coram Deo
3,287 Posts
Just let it down! NONE of my bows are maxxed out- they're where I want them.

Full grip vs riser will make about 1/4" difference. Does on the bows in my sig, anyway. I use it to fine tune my DL.

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
^^^^Agree. Turn the bow down and gain dl. Add the grip back and lose dl. It's going to be a wash. Modern bows/limb pockets don't need to be maxed out to shoot well.

·
Registered
11,871 Posts
Only thing is he dl will change some and it may have a little more noise on the shot, o didn’t find any difference on mine but some have said this.

·
Registered
11,836 Posts
I have a spyder 34zt and I want to shoot it at 60#, Im over my shoulder starting to get strained/tired quickly so I want to shoot lower. I have 60-70# limbs. If I drop it down to 61# or so. Is it even worth getting 50-60# to max it out or just going with cranking down my limbs down?

I'm not sure if it'll really matter will it?

Side question: I currently shoot 31.25-31.5" draw and I take the grip off my Hoyt to get it there. If I put a grip on it will it REALLY make the draw change that much? With the grip off its hard to get a repeatable grip on it: so I'm trying to get a grip put back on. Anyone know?

I wouldn't worry about it on both accounts, lower your poundage, and try the grip

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I mean I've never experimented with the DL going up or sown in poundage. But the grip is just so bothersome to me that I need to do something so hopefully it comes out the same DL if I crank it down and add the grip

1 - 7 of 7 Posts