Archery Talk Forum banner

Is it my broadheads that are whistling in flight?

788 3
For many, many moons I shot 4 inch feathers with cut on contact heads. Either Steel Force or Magnus broadheads. As you well know, 4 inch feathers and cut on contact heads are a great combo. But after a lot of research in here and reading articles I tried the 2 inch Blazer vanes. Not regretting the move, but I still have the same amount of "hisssssiiinnnggggg" when shooting my Magus Buzzcuts.

I've read some posts before with some folks saying that it's the serrations on the blade????

What say you?
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
143 Posts
I had a bad whistle with blazers and fusion vanes. I just switched to Flex-Fletch 360' vanes and you can't hear anything until the arrow hits. The vane is a smaller profile and it's a little softer.

Athens Accomplice 34", 28.5" , 61 lb
27" Gold Tip Pro Hunter 5575
G5 Strikers 100gr

· Registered
530 Posts
my buddy shoots that excact same arrow (goldtip xt hunters) with the same 4 inch vanes as i do but he uses rage triple broadheads and i use trophy ridge hammerhead expandables.. His broadheads whistle when he shoots and my hammerheads dont make a sound. If that helps you any. I really feel his broadheads are def. making the whistling sound.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.