Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My bow creaks the first time I shoot it each day. Is that normal? Is there something I can do to stop that?

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
A lot of times its that the limb pockets need lube.

·
Banned
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Really? How do you lube the limb pockets? I just had the bushing replaced and the cables and string replaced but they didn't say anything about lubing limb pockets

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
I had a hoyt ultratech that did this if it sat over 10 min.
It was just the limb pockets and I never did anything because it shot great
Just pull it apart and clean up and lube the limbs and pockets and it should be gtg.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
If it is a Mathews it is proably you QCC's. They are up by your idler wheel. It is were you cable connects on each side of your axle. They are the little round black things on you axle. You have to have a press to take care of this. All you have to do is take one off at a time. Dont let your cable come untwisted. Use some sort of clip to hold your loose end to the bow. Next take a fine piece of sand paper on a flat surface and gently rub the back side of the QCC on the sand paper until it is scuffed evenly. Then reinstall the QCC and cable then repeat on the other side. This should take care of it! If you have any questions just shoot me a PM.

·
Banned
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Why would they need to be sanded? I'm confused.

·
Registered
231 Posts
The lazy way worked for me. Just a couple of puffs of graphite around the QCC's and the pockets. Bang it with your hand to spread it around -and shoot it.
Mark

·
Registered
6,465 Posts
Why would they need to be sanded? I'm confused.
on the inside of them is a seam line left over from manufacturing, it tends to rubs against the limbs. It's an easy fix if you have a press. Just sand them flat.

Otherwise, right before you shoot, wrap your fingers around the buss cable just short of where the attach to the QCC's, and your thumb around the string and pull the split buss cable backwards a little, probably will not creak on draw. A good way to determine if this is the culprit.

·
Registered
14,613 Posts

·
Banned
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Any opinions on whether it is the limb pockets needing lubed or the QCCs?

·
Sultan of Smack
5,744 Posts
I thought my bow was creaking on the first shot of the day also, then I come to find out it was my shoulder. Getting old sucks!!!

SCFox

·
Banned
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I just had a lube job at the local shop so I'll see if that takes care of it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts