Archery Talk Forum banner

Is it OK to trespass and damage someone elses property?

1 - 20 of 327 Posts

·
Registered
14,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes or no....simple question deserves a simple answer.:darkbeer:

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
my god you guys need to get over the whole cutting the guys fence and letting the trapped deer free. Go out and shoot or something

·
Registered
14,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
my god you guys need to get over the whole cutting the guys fence and letting the trapped deer free. Go out and shoot or something
This is not specific to that occurance....just want to get a general consensus of the AT population.:tongue:

·
Meat-N-Taters Kinda Guy
Chill-R for hunting, Barnsdale My Addiction ST for punching holes
15,577 Posts
Can't vote, as I would need to know if there were extenuating circumstances. Generally speaking, NO it is NOT ok to trespass, and definitely not ok to damage said property. However, there may well be times where I would consider it not only appropriate, but duty bound....

·
Former Wyoming Boy
8,664 Posts
Seriously?

Come on now! Who are you trying to get back at?
Is this the fence cutting thing?
I mean, really! Just cut the dang fence and let the deer go.
It would do the same for you!

·
Registered
25,001 Posts
if just going on for no reason to destroy property yes. but to save a deer that was caught in a fence and only having to remove one little wire in the fence i dont think is a big deal. would be alot better to let teh land owner know first.

·
Registered
331 Posts
guys grow up.. everyone knows this is over the fence thing... so just drop it yea maybe he shoulda told the owner but he did a good thing overall and i doubt a 4 inch section is gonna let the herd of what ever is in there out

·
Trollinus Maximus.
33,461 Posts
if just going on for no reason to destroy property yes. but to save a deer that was caught in a fence and only having to remove one little wire in the fence i dont think is a big deal. would be alot better to let teh land owner know first.
guys grow up.. everyone knows this is over the fence thing... so just drop it yea maybe he shoulda told the owner but he did a good thing overall and i doubt a 4 inch section is gonna let the herd of what ever is in there out
link to thread?

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
Yup. That is only way I hunt is if I trespass and damage property! Makes the hunt double the excitement!

·
Registered
352 Posts
How old are you?

You are really :deadhorse on this, let it go. The deer was saved just be happy.

·
Registered
14,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
You are really :deadhorse on this, let it go. The deer was saved just be happy.
I'm 32 and like I said, this is not specifically about that....so how old are you to make such a stupid post?:doh::rolleyes:

·
Registered
9,673 Posts
Absolutes are never a good thing...and allow for very little gray...the question may appear to be simple, but the answer is not...

The answer therefore has to be "yes" but it is yes only based on some significant circumstances...

·
Registered
11,579 Posts
This question is pretty silly, so of course I voted yes.

·
Trollinus Maximus.
33,461 Posts
I'm 32 and like I said, this is not specifically about that....so how old are you to make such a stupid post?:doh::rolleyes:
settle down bro :hug:

nobody has the right to destroy your property, regardless of the situation, that said, the OP on the thread linked did what he thought was right, the OP should have contacted the owner, even after cutting his fence so the owner could have repaired it or made the OP repair it.

that thread is more than just about a deer, its also about a persons property, saving a deer at the EXPENSE of someone else's property might feel fine to some, OP should have contacted landowner :darkbeer:

·
Trollinus Maximus.
33,461 Posts
Absolutes are never a good thing...and allow for very little gray...the question may appear to be simple, but the answer is not...

The answer therefore has to be "yes" but it is yes only based on some significant circumstances...
This question is pretty silly, so of course I voted yes.
wait one sec, you boys are ok destroying someone elses property regardless of situation?

or are you basing your response on the linked thread?

·
Just Do It.....
30,252 Posts
No one like trespassers, vandals, poachers or thieves.

But there are plenty of those types out there.

I highly doubt that the majority of folks on this forum fall into those catagories.

But I would imagine there are a few here.

I think that a key thing to remember is "what was the intent"..................

marty

1 - 20 of 327 Posts