Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok here is the problem i am having i shoot an oneida eagle. and my shots are all over the target. one minute the shots are in the bullseye. then on the next series of shots one is left and one is right, then the arrows are all to the left, then back to the bullseye. i am getting very inconsistant shot placement, its driving me crazy i can not for the life of me gfigure out what the problem could be. at dinner tonight i had a thought pass through my tired mind. that maybe my sight is to far out and my fletching is hitting my sight on release can this be a possibility?

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Why not try spraying foot powder on your arrows and see if its a contact problem. If you have any marks on your sight....then it is:wink:

oh yea.......ANYTHING is possible in archery........

·
Banned
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
bare with my artistry lol . the arrows show the point at which my rollers meet the shaft the photo on the left is the setup i had and the right photo is the way it should be. you can see in the left photo the lower right vane was hitting the lower right roller. i found this when i was inspecting the arrows i seen that the vane had heavy rub marks on it. where is was on release hitting the roller causing the arrow to get eratic. the right photo is the way i should have the vanes set up i have adjusted the arrow nock i believe this will take care of the problem i will know before the weekend is over if this was my problem . i can not believe i did not notice this before

·
Banned
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i may have been able to get away with it if i was using a prong rest, but roller rests are not as forgiving. i still can not believe i did not see this. its not like i just starting shooting archery yesterday lol but sometimes i quess its the simplist problem that gets overlooked. but it is very visible on the vane that it was rubbing heavy on the roller arm. and would explain why my shots were inconsistant

1 - 4 of 4 Posts