Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok since i was just ripped off on a bow trade and just lost pretty much 1000 dollars . its caused alot of turmoil in my house with my wife

so im wondering is it possible some how for one of the mods to be in charge of a paypal account where members can donate like a dollar or something and if they do donate and were to get ripped off they would get something back and not be out a ton?

jsut an idea as it sucks bad to get ripped off that much and can cause alot of problems

thanks

brad

·
Registered
14,338 Posts
The mods can help with your bad transaction...

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
the only prob is how can people be sure you don't make up being "ripped" off anyways sounds like a good idea!

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Sorry to hear that. People who do that bring down a great place like this.

Sent from my Ally using Tapatalk

·
UnBannable
8,195 Posts
It doesn't look like you posted anywhere about the bad deal. Did you contact a MOD. Do you have the guy's name, phone and address? How long has it been since you've heard from him?

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
first off if i lost a grand i would travel coast to coast and get satisfaction .

how did you get ripped and what role does paypal play in your loss .
ive transferred over 20K through Paypal and i havent had a issue yet .
so i would like to hear how this story came about and played out .

TS2

TS2

·
Enhanced Mutant
6,110 Posts
He traded a bow for a carbon element and the element is likely not going to appear from what he said earlier in a thread that got closed for some reason

·
UnBannable
8,195 Posts
Yeah then there would be those who figure out how to get their hands in that pot as well.
He traded a bow for a carbon element and the element is likely not going to appear from what he said earlier in a thread that got closed for some reason
Was it the Fed-Ex problem thread? If so, there is a possibility that could still show up, but it looked pretty fishy that the guy wouldn't provide tracking info. Either way, he has the guy's name and address and can contact the other guy's local police to pay him a visit for mail fraud.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ya i contacted a mod and i gave them the guys number and everything and im sure he is not going to answer anymore he quit replying to me also. i did have a thread but it got deleted for some reason

·
Registered
968 Posts
Already sounds like a good scam !
If you used Pay pal , insured shipping and common sense , ........
you might not be in a pickle .....

no sympathy here ,,
I would not even consider giving my info from pay pal to send anyone I don't have a phone number from a dime ! Ever !

·
UnBannable
8,195 Posts
ya i contacted a mod and i gave them the guys number and everything and im sure he is not going to answer anymore he quit replying to me also. i did have a thread but it got deleted for some reason
You may be right, but let me tell ya. I traded rests with a guy last year. Messaged and emailed him for weeks with no response, then contacted AdvantageTimberLou about it. The guy messaged me the next day apologizing for all the trouble he had caused and for not fulfilling his end of the bargain. He ended up buying me a new rest. I don't know how the MODs do it, but sometimes they can get things rolling.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
ive done a ton of trades on here and this one was of the money money easily and first one thats gone bad. i have all the guys info number address name all that talked to him on phone text him and he was full of empty promises . we agreed to ship same day i did and sent tracking number and he kept giving me excuses and what not and now its to point he dont respond at all and just kept telling me to relax and not worry and stuff which is easy for him to say being he has my bow and has for over a week and i dont even have a tracking number . and te mods know but im sure he wont respond. and ya it was the fed ex deal but i called fed ex and they looked it up and said there are no records of any packages even in transit to my house

·
Hunter/Gatherer
13,334 Posts
How and who ripped you off??

1 - 20 of 90 Posts