Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was out shooting my bow today just to make sure i got everything ready to go and just cause i had nothing else to do. Ive been doing this everyday this week but since season starts in the morning i guess my OCD kicked in and i had to check one last time lol. So anyways i was shooting and the field tips were spot on as usual and i said well ill put my muzzy practice head on and see if it still shoots right with my field tips like every year before. So i shot it and it hit very low and left? I figured i pulled a little and shot again and again and again and everytime it would hit low and left, and im talking like miss the whole deer low and left if i was aiming at the heart. So i tried an actual head and shot once and it did the same thing. I did adjust my sights so now the heads are spot on but I shouldnt have to cause Muzzy has always flew like a field point every year. The only thing ive changed on my bow is the peep cause i was using the tubing peep and the tube broke of course and i switched to a G5 Meta Peep, I have read where people say that it adds 5-6 fps to your bow. Unless that 5-6fps is making my heads do that which i wouldnt think it would, idk what the heck is going on since thats the only thing ive changed on my bow and it has shot muzzy and field tips the same every year. So is it the peep or something else?

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Im going to bump this cause i would love any advice and things on here get buried quick because all of the new incoming threads

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
I don't think its the peep and with no info on your setup its almost impossible to say
what bow /rest/arrow draw weight length etc...

·
Registered
421 Posts
There are a lot of things that could affect this if your string stretches and your a to a changes from last year to this year or the bow is out of time this all affects you nock height. Which will make your heads fly off. I would shoot the bow threw paper and I bet you will have a high low tear fix this and they should be spot on

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry guys, I couldnt get on the forum for a few days. I shoot a parker Blazer bow, 26inch draw. Hostage rest, 70lbs draw weight. Beman Mfx shafts 400 grain.. Also How do you fix this so called high low left tear?

·
Registered
3,502 Posts
Shoot through paper, see which way the nock is tearing...low left sounds like you will get at least a nock high tear. Move the rest in the direction of the nock...so if nock high, move the rest up...if nock left move the rest left etc...make very small incremental moves then reshoot paper.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sweet! I have one more question, does the target have to be level with the paper or can i set the paper so high and shoot down at the target? What im trying to say is can i set my paper a little higher than my target so i can stand up and shoot at my target on the ground and it still go through the paper and this provide the same results so i dont have to elevate my target to eye level with the paper?

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
I either elevat the target/paper or kneel just to eliminate any possible variables

·
Registered
72 Posts
My suggestion is when you get your arrows tuned, paper tuned and grouping well with field points DON'T change the rest. You have the bow tuned to the arrow. By addiing a broadhead to the shaft, you've done two things; effectively changed the spine slightly, but more importantly added a set of wings that are now working to control the shaft along with the vanes. If the Muzzy's are grouping and flying well, just move your sight, not your rest.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts