Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i was gonna buy some of that throw and grow clover seed down for the season and i was woundering if im wasting my time and if its to late for a food plot. i dont have the means for a tiller or anything thats why i was gonna get the throw and grow. thanks

Don

·
Waiting on Season
14,905 Posts
nope your right on schedule for throw and grow in our part of the country. putting mine out this weekend

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
planted mine last weakend in central Wisconsin. Had way way way to much fun:(tractor got stuck, 85hp fwd :(, broke the winch on the for wheeler, Don't even want to talk about what happen with John Deer Gator. But all of it got planted, and limed, fertlized. boy this hunting was not i mean not cheap this year:(

·
Registered
89 Posts
The guy who runs our lease says that the soil temp needs to be below 90 degrees. With the drought and heat here in Texas, I think it will be at least a couple of weeks before we can plant.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
The guy who runs our lease says that the soil temp needs to be below 90 degrees. With the drought and heat here in Texas, I think it will be at least a couple of weeks before we can plant.
yes he is correct. below 90* and warmer that 54*

1 - 8 of 8 Posts