Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gentlefolk...it is with great pride and humility I introduce too you my first seriously high end target rig as my W&W 25" Inno Max Riser just arrived this afternoon and special thanks go out too members kakend and Rasyad as it was kakend who sold this "as advertised" fine riser too me and it was Rasyad that sent me the Clicker Post Extension, W&W Quiver FOB and even sent me a W&W Carbon Clicker out of the kindness of his heart...

I have (2) custom 18 strand BCY-X strings coming in Friday for this rig and my Shibuya DX plunger and Spig ZT mag flipper rest (from John Wert at LAS) should be arriving tomorrow...meanwhile?...I couldn't resist clipping on the 28#/Med W&W Ex Power limbs and temporarily lacing it up with a B50 dacron string (which is all I have on hand at the moment) just to feel the draw of this rig and do a quick poundage check and without moving anything from how it arrived?...it scaled dead on 30#@28" (3 times) and the 4" longer 25" riser made a huge difference in draw feel of the Ex Power limbs....like night and day level difference and velvety smooth...and the huge (to my eye) 25" riser made my mediums look like shorts too me! LOL!

Everywhere I looked?...this rig wreaked of quality...and being 68"s long?...it was impossible to capture all that cool in just one angle or shot and ya'll know me so?..even this these pix don't do it justice?...at least they'll explain why I'm so excited, happy and proud at the moment so enjoy...

It's killing me not to shoot it but at least all the pieces of this puzzle will be here and together for a weekend of new rig shooting and tuning bliss...thanks again kakend and Rasyad!..I'm Psych'ed and Pumped! L8R, Bill. :cool2:

·
Premium Member
11,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That riser has so much "beef" too it. How does it feel balance wise? Planning on adding stabs or weights?
Yes...still researching but it looks like I'll be going with a BB type of weighting system with a stub weight in the lower holes and possibly another small stub weight at a downward angled location made available on this riser just under the grip on the belly side....and yes...mass wise?...this riser is nudging up towards the stolid bull class of riser.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Bill! I am glad you are happy with the riser!!!

AS FOR BEEF... This riser is amazing, but other carbon risers have really "thick" grip areas of the riser which is missing on this riser, I wouldn't say it is "thin" in the grip area just nothing like a Fiberbow 5.3 or anything! The Inno Max did have amazing shot quality, I just decided to keep my Hoyts (or Ortho grip) and get rid of this riser and a Morrison XD (both of the risers were WAY above average risers). Anyway, Jinks I hope you have good luck with this riser and don't find a reason to ship it off at WAY below cost like ive seen in the past! JKJK

Have a great day,
Kasey

·
Premium Member
11,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bill! I am glad you are happy with the riser!!!

AS FOR BEEF... This riser is amazing, but other carbon risers have really "thick" grip areas of the riser which is missing on this riser, I wouldn't say it is "thin" in the grip area just nothing like a Fiberbow 5.3 or anything! The Inno Max did have amazing shot quality, I just decided to keep my Hoyts (or Ortho grip) and get rid of this riser and a Morrison XD (both of the risers were WAY above average risers). Anyway, Jinks I hope you have good luck with this riser and don't find a reason to ship it off at WAY below cost like ive seen in the past! JKJK

Have a great day,
Kasey
Kasey...this is by far the classiest single string rig I've ever had the privilege of calling "mine" and I know it's waaaay out of character coming from me but it's true...I've actually grown bored of searching, selling and buying bows and if there was ever two rigs I should and will remain parked on?....it's...

1. My 62"/40# WF19 w/ Sky TR7 Double Carbon/Boo Limbs (as a 3D rig and possibly some Hunting)

and?...

2. This 68"/30# W&W Inno Max w/ Ex Power Limbs (as my Field/Target Rig)

neither will be going anywhere anytime soon and Thanks Again! Bill. :cool2:

·
Premium Member
11,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Woke up this morning and had to pinch myself looking at this magnificent rig adorning my wall! :)

·
32,710 Posts
I'm pea green envious of ya Jinks......love the looks of that bow.....if you ever want to sell it.....let me know....

·
Registered
9,940 Posts
Thought you had a Sky TR7 at one point? At any rate, you have some awesome equipment. I hope you will start shooting scores to quantify the benefit of some of this gear. Would be very interesting to see how much effect the gear has on your scores.

·
Registered
3,982 Posts
Shoot the b50 string and it will shoot great then Friday when the new ones get there be that much better:cheers:

·
Registered
745 Posts
That is probably the only ILF riser I'd consider at this point ( or a WF) if I were to go back to that type of equipment. I've been staring at the 27" model with short limbs...

If I weren't such a longbow guy I may have tried to snag yours before you bought it.

That's a nice looking rig. Don't go crazy with weights on the bow, I'd bet a single counter weight in one of the two bottom positions would balance that very well.

·
Premium Member
11,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Shoot the b50 string and it will shoot great then Friday when the new ones get there be that much better:cheers:
Nope...I'll wait the one more day until tomorrow when your strings get here Glenn...you spoiled me. ;)

That is probably the only ILF riser I'd consider at this point ( or a WF) if I were to go back to that type of equipment. I've been staring at the 27" model with short limbs...

If I weren't such a longbow guy I may have tried to snag yours before you bought it.

That's a nice looking rig. Don't go crazy with weights on the bow, I'd bet a single counter weight in one of the two bottom positions would balance that very well.
Thanks Str8! :thumbs_up

The cool part for me where "BB Weights" are concerned is I'm a machinist...so I'm thinking about taking this rig into work tomorrow and grabbing some scrap inconel round stock and making my BB weight/weights...this way I can actually mount it/them too the bow and just keep turning .050" off the diameter until I get the weight/balance/response I want. ;)

·
Registered
127 Posts
Bill, I thought you would try a wf-25 after the success with the 19. I have two 25's and a 19. So far for me the 25's have been great, shooting my highest scores ever. I like the 19 but the 25 balances and shoots without weights. So well, way beyond any of the other target risers I have owned. There have been many. As you know TBOF ruled against added weights, and I like to use the same bow for all barebow matches. Your new inno max sure looks good though. Good luck with it.
Mike

1 - 12 of 12 Posts