Archery Talk Forum banner

Is It Worth It?

695 Views 15 Replies 10 Participants Last post by  zenarch
first off i am relatively new to archery. i bought my Mathews XT in 2006. it is my first bow and i love it. I am going to Cabelas tommorrow and was wondering if i shoudl buy a fletching jig. i have never done it before and am deciding on if it is worth it. i dont go through fletches alot, but would like to get my own custome colors and fix fletching when i do need to so that i dont have to make the 45 min drive to the place to get it done. i am shooting Gold Tip XT Hunter arrows with factory fletches now.

is it worth it, does it save money in the long run? or should i just pay someone else to do it?

(this is how you will know that i am new.) Is the advantage to Blazers that they are quieter? are they more accurate or durable or something else?

if i should buy it, whay brand of jig? i was lookin gat the Arizona EZ Fletch but i might want to try Blazers and i heard you cant put blazers in it.

What brand of fletch? glue?

I am obviously still learning so thanks for the help.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
1,043 Posts
it is worth it it will save you money in the log run and you will love it and be even more addicted to archery once you start doing things yourself

· Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
alright thanks!! i dont really know if i want to spend $75 on a jig.

what about wraps? should i try them to or wait till i get used to doing just the fletches?

· Registered
1,326 Posts
it is worth it it will save you money in the log run and you will love it and be even more addicted to archery once you start doing things yourself
expessilly with gas
unless u walk 3 days
there and back:tongue:

· Registered
8,662 Posts
If you Have a sportsmans warehouse I would go there. Around here Cabellas is about $20 more for a bitz. and $15 for a jojan.

· Registered
32 Posts
I would do the wraps cause the fletches stick better to wraps
Exactly! Plus having a jig is convenient and adds another dimension to the whole bow tweaking addiction.

· Registered
2,350 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.