Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
70 lb 29 inch draw 402 grn arrow string loop and meta peep shooting 310 fps.Is this right or should it be a little faster?

·
Retired GI "still serv'n"
13,960 Posts
That sounds pretty good to me....especially if you are shooting a "Loaded" string (fully set-up I mean). :wink:

Do you have the silencers on it too?

According to a speed calculator with the 342-350 IBO of an 82nd you should hit anywhere from 308-315 with your setup, so I would say you are fine.

·
Banned
109 Posts
I set mine up last night, I'm shooting a 30.5 inch draw with 70lb limbs, my arrows are 29 inch 406 grains and my bow shot 340.2 F.P.S we have a chron at our archery club Golden Arrow and I had one of the board members up there with me and also the sales manager that sold me the bow from Scheels to witness it, and they like me could not believe it, but it's true!!

·
13,960 Posts
I set mine up last night, I'm shooting a 30.5 inch draw with 70lb limbs, my arrows are 29 inch 406 grains and my bow shot 340.2 F.P.S we have a chron at our archery club Golden Arrow and I had one of the board members up there with me and also the sales manager that sold me the bow from Scheels to witness it, and they like me could not believe it, but it's true!!
that's smoke'n...........especially at 406 grains. :tongue:

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Given your info above, the bows IBO and 10 grns on the string you should get about 317fps, so 310 a little slow.

·
Registered
533 Posts
sin- your arrow is 56 gr above ibo! wheres all that speed comin from? the half inch of draw you got might be good for five feet. what did your BC say that bow shot when it left bowtech?

·
13,960 Posts
Given your info above, the bows IBO and 10 grns on the string you should get about 317fps, so 310 a little slow.
The IBO of the 82nd is 340-350 so he is still in the good....not all of them are gonna do 350 outta the box.
I would say with a D-loop and G5 he has a lil more than 10 grains....my D-loop alone is 6-8 grains and they are small.
With more tuning on the cams (letoff and valley) he can get better but he is right in the window where he should be.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Since we're on the subject....My 82nd is shooting a 382 Grain arrow, 29 inch draw, 64#'s at 295FPS. Isn't that a little slow? What speed should I expect to see at 70#'s? My birth certificate says 338FPS.

P.S. I have a D-loop, G5 meta peep, and a nock above the loop

1 - 10 of 10 Posts