Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I SHOOT A PSE PRIMOS - THEY DO NOT USE METAL LIMB NUTS TO PROTECT FROM CRACKING AND BREAKAGE - THEY EPOXY AN EXTRA TAB OF FIBERGLASS AT THE "V" OF THE LIMB NEAR THE CAM AND IDLER WHEEL - I NOTICED THE TAB IS STARTING TO PEEL OFF BUT WHAT SCARES ME IS THAT IS NOTICED A SMALL 1/2 INCH HAIRLINE CRACK RUNNING OUT FROM THE TAB - IT IS NOT ACROSS THE LIMB BUT PARALLEL TO IT - ALMOST RIGHT DOWN THE CENTER - IT IS NOT SHOWING THRU ON THE INSIDE, ONLY ON THE OUTSIDE - IS IT CRACKED OR JUST A SCRATCH? - ANY OPINIONS? - TAKING IT TO THE SHOP REGARDLESS BUT THOUGHT SOMEONE MAY KNOW - THANKS A LOT!!

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
If you are not sure, don't risk putting any pressure on the limbs. Take it to a pro shop as quick as you can. Good luck.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I just sent my PSE baby-G in for the same thing its a stress crack on the reinforce plate at the fork of the limb. DO NOT SHOOT YOUR BOW AGAIN!!!! Go to a PSE dealer they will order your new upper and lower limbs they are under lifetime warranty. It takes 6 to7 days to get them back. Labor cost to change them out is not under warranty.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Speedfreak,
Besides the problem you were having with your bow, how do you like the PSE Baby G?

·
Registered
293 Posts
Crack

Don't chance it if it looks wrong it most likley is........I have had a bow to blow up in my face ........something that you don't want trust me......It will make you **** down both legs.......TAKE IT TO THE SHOP AND LET THE PROS MAKE THE CALL..........lol..WB..:D

·
Registered
156 Posts
LX I like your annogram on the PSE-what does the LX stand for-lost the X ring. And Arke it was hard to get good with it.After putting custom strings-drop away rest-And stiffer spline arrows Im a lot better with. But if I can shoot this good I can shoot anything.:)

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
if you can visibly see a hair line crack.then its cracked .it's only gonna get bigger. take it to your local pro-shop and see what they say.had the same thing happen to me a few years back on my old bow.it started out real small and kept getting bigger so i took it in and had the limbs changed.

·
Registered
66 Posts
yes that sounds like a problem. a friend of mine has a team primos and the same thing happened to him twice!!!i have also heard that the team primos had been checked over because of this to find out why it was happening and some of them were found to have a twisted riser from the factory? im not to sure about that one so dont take my word for it. :cool:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts