Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
recently i read an article about Nikon pulling its sponsorship from a predator hunting event that it has sponsored for some time now due to pressure from anti hunting groups. i called Nikon customer service and the woman confirmed that Nikon indeed canceled its sponsorship of the event. has anyone heard of this?

·
Just Do It.....
30,245 Posts
New to me but 45% of there business is from hunters so I don't think they care about anti's unless they start buying allot of scopes. I think Nikon cares more about making money than listening to them.
But they do sell alot of cameras and lenses.
Too much anti-hunting BS, we are all in danger.
Talk to some folks from europe.

marty

·
Registered
368 Posts
Maybe Nikon thinks the antis draw a lot of attention even if they don't buy a lot of product and we just take the kick in the nads and move on, quietly.

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
Yes there voice is growing,and we need to be more vocal also. They cannot hide from facts. We are the stewards of this land.
If i find it to be true that they are having anything to do with the antis i will sell my nikon gear,and switch to another company.

·
Registered
5,105 Posts
Even more effective than becoming "vocal" is to stop supporting these companies with your money. Money talks, BS walks.
Dan

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nikon makes a scope for the sole purpose of predator hunting.
yes i know thats why i am at a loss as to why they pulled their sponsorship for that event in Idaho.:confused: i was thinking about buying some rangefinders but now i will look elsewhere until this is cleared up. maybe a Nikon rep can post up and let us know what is really going on. i noticed they are a sponsor for A/T

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
yes i know thats why i am at a loss as to why they pulled their sponsorship for that event in Idaho.:confused: i was thinking about buying some rangefinders but now i will look elsewhere until this is cleared up. maybe a Nikon rep can post up and let us know what is really going on. i noticed they are a sponsor for A/T
Pepsi pulled out of the Super Bowl, if someone told you it was because they got anti-football pressure would you believe them? When you called Nikon did they confirm that they pulled out because of anti-hunting pressure specifically?:confused: In case have not noticed the economy is in the toilet and even big companies are scaling back marketing efforts. The company makes as many hunting products as non-hunting products so unless they start discontinuing their scopes and range finders I would chalk this rumor up to pure paranoia or flat out BS:darkbeer:

·
Registered
652 Posts
Sad but true

NIKON has dropped out of the SFW-Idaho Derby sponsorship
http://howlingforjustice.wordpress.com/2009/11/21/howling-for-justice-alert-2-predator-derby/
But they’re still the sponsor of:
Predator Masters
Hunting the Hunters
http://www.predatormastersforums.com/sponsors.php
NIKON sells Coyote Scopes:
http://www.nikonhunting.com/riflescopes-coyote-special.html?source=predatormaster
I would continue to call and write NIKON asking them why they support the killing of our predators? The fact they actually make coyote rifle scopes pretty much answers that question.

Nikon Inc.
1300 Walt Whitman Road
Melville, NY 11747-3064, U.S.A.

Corporate Inquiries:
631-547-4200

Nikon’s corporate media relations person: (thanks Rich!)
Tara Naughton
[email protected]

=================================

CABELA’S unfortunately has decided to continue to sponsor this “Derby”. Contact them!

Also don’t forget to write to Idaho’s commissioners about extending the wolf hunt until March 31. Please write or call and express your opposition to this

Support Cabelas:darkbeer:

UncleRay

·
Registered
8,071 Posts
http://howlingforjustice.wordpress.com/2009/11/21/howling-for-justice-alert-2-predator-derby/
Predator Masters
Hunting the Hunters
http://www.nikonhunting.com/riflescopes-coyote-special.html?source=predatormaster
I would continue to call and write NIKON asking them why they support the killing of our predators? The fact they actually make coyote rifle scopes pretty much answers that question.

Nikon Inc.
1300 Walt Whitman Road

Corporate Inquiries:
631-547-4200

Tara Naughton
[email protected]

CABELA’S unfortunately has decided to continue to sponsor this “Derby”. Contact them!

Also don’t forget to write to Idaho’s commissioners about extending the wolf hunt until March 31. Please write or call and express your opposition to this

UncleRay
i think they should extend wolf hunting to all year with an unlimited amount of wolves to be taken. just ask the folks in Idaho that have seen the elk hunting and elk numbers go to sheat because of the wolves.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Predator Masters
Hunting the Hunters

Nikon Inc.
1300 Walt Whitman Road

Corporate Inquiries:
631-547-4200

Tara Naughton
[email protected]

UncleRay
It was not clear that you cut and pasted an article from somewhere, I had to read it several times. I thought you wrote a post against predator hunting. What is the source of the info? It still does not point to the fact that Nikon pulled out of this particular event from pressure....even if some nut job implies such in an anti-hunting rant.

·
Registered
306 Posts
WTH? Who are you?
I agree, contact the Idaho commissioners and SUPPORT the wolf hunting extension indefinetely!

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Pepsi pulled out of the Super Bowl, if someone told you it was because they got anti-football pressure would you believe them? When you called Nikon did they confirm that they pulled out because of anti-hunting pressure specifically?:confused: In case have not noticed the economy is in the toilet and even big companies are scaling back marketing efforts. The company makes as many hunting products as non-hunting products so unless they start discontinuing their scopes and range finders I would chalk this rumor up to pure paranoia or flat out BS:darkbeer:
of course i know that the obama economy is in the tank. all i am saying is i will wait to hear why Nikon pulled out. i have sent emails to Nikon as was suggested by the woman on the phone and have not recieved a reply. if i don't get a reply then i guess i know what their stance is. in the mean time i will not buy any of their products until i have some answers. i think that is the prudent thing to do for now unless someone from Nikon can step up to the plate and give me an answer.:wink:

·
Registered
652 Posts
WTH? Who are you?
I agree, contact the Idaho commissioners and SUPPORT the wolf hunting extension indefinetely!
I'm UncleRay, I support all hunting.. We don't have wolves in Missouri cause we killed em all. Call the above number for Nikon and get your answers. The more calls and e-mails the better.

Enjoy your hunting , I do.

UncleRay

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
of course i know that the obama economy is in the tank. all i am saying is i will wait to hear why Nikon pulled out. i have sent emails to Nikon as was suggested by the woman on the phone and have not recieved a reply. if i don't get a reply then i guess i know what their stance is. in the mean time i will not buy any of their products until i have some answers. i think that is the prudent thing to do for now unless someone from Nikon can step up to the plate and give me an answer.:wink:
What ever floats your boat. What exactly do you expect them to say in their response? Here I will save you some time:

While we at Nikon regret the attention that this matter has received, our sponsorship decisions are based on a number of factors related to the business objectives of our individual business units. Any promotional activities or participation, or lack there of, in any particular event should not be construed as support for any political position. We at Nikon will continue to make outstanding products for a wide range interest and appreciate the support of our customers.The preceding message was completely fabricated for entertainment purposes and in no way expresses the views of Nikon or its employees:darkbeer:

There you go, feel better:wink:

·
Alien Mafia Member
3,765 Posts
But they do sell alot of cameras and lenses.
Too much anti-hunting BS, we are all in danger.
Talk to some folks from europe.

marty
Tell me about it!!!:mg:

Kev

·
Banned
3,149 Posts
recently i read an article about Nikon pulling its sponsorship from a predator hunting event that it has sponsored for some time now due to pressure from anti hunting groups. i called Nikon customer service and the woman confirmed that Nikon indeed canceled its sponsorship of the event. has anyone heard of this?
That would be ironic....don't the Japanese kill 100 million sharks/year just for their fins? :confused:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts