Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
I've got some and I have liked it. I've got the forest pattern for early season and their old mountain mimicry pattern for late. It's pretty quiet and the zippers are good. Its been the best camo I have had, but its not cheap!

·
Registered
10,682 Posts
Sitka is excellent but you have to buy from a middleman which drives up prices.
The former owner of Sitka sold it and started KUIU with no middleman as he sells direct.
Check out KUIU, high quality with better prices !
Sorry for off topic but...

·
Registered
6,199 Posts
i really like the pcs i have, but you must remember, its meant to be layered. i used a tee shirt, a ls core and my 90 % jacket for quit some time. good down to freezing point. i have a jet stream that does a great job layering them to even the coldest temps around here. the comfort is unmatched in any thing ive ever worn. i can wear both jackets together and the sleeves are still snug on bow shots. these are exact fit items that dont have the bulk of most jackets that provide this kinda warmth. indeed well designed with the bow hunter in mind.

·
Registered
800 Posts
I have quite a bit of Sitka. i am being honest when I say it is worth it for me and my style of hunting. But I have picked my pieces carefully. I hunt primarily public land in Mn, and I have some good spots but i have to hoof it in a ways, crossing creeks and such.

For me, to be able to keep the bulk down is really important for the pack and hunt style, and my Sitka pieces have allowed me to hunt in -17 degrees and still be able to draw my bow back without having the string hit my forearm or cut out early. This is primarily the Kelvin, Fanatic, and Incinerator pieces.

The other must have is the 90% pants or something similar like the Core4element Element pants, IF your in an area with a lot of briars and seeds that stick to you while you walk. I hunt some crap where fleece and most other fabric would pick up so much, that I will be picking it off for hours.

Just my thoughts but if I had short walks and not real cold weather, then I would not think that it would be worth the price because you could find other stuff that is still functional for less.

·
Registered
6,043 Posts
Gary
I have the fanatic bibs for early season and when the Mercury drops I switch to KoM. The fanatic bibs I think are well engineered for Bowhunters with plenty of pockets in the right place which allow for anything you could need. The drawbacks are they are a bit bulky and take at least two cycles to dry. You still need to layer and if you need to walk you might get a bit sweaty in temps above 45.
I also have several pieces of other Sitka gear and I am happy with them. Their back packs are amazing.

·
Registered
968 Posts
I wore Sitka 2 seasons ago. I liked some things and disliked some things. The jackets have a fairly short hem meaning they end right above the waist line, and I found that several pieces were constrictive around my elbows and shoulders. The traverse hoody is an amazing piece, great fit and their pants are great. I tried Kuiu the first half of this season until it got cold. Kuiu is incredible but not meant for stand hunting. Some of the pieces are too loud especially when it gets cold. I picked up the entire line from First Lite in their new Fusion pattern and I have found the holy grail. Their Sanctuary Jacket is comparable to Sitka's Incinerator at half the price. Everything is crazy warm, quiet and affordable. The Fusion pattern works wonders as well. I know that Sitka is coming out with some new fleece style pieces and a new forest pattern this summer so it may be worth waiting for that but my vote goes to First Lite..

·
Registered
6,189 Posts
I've got several pieces, and it is good stuff. Worth it to me...

·
Sponge 4 bowhunting info
11,112 Posts
Sitka is excellent but you have to buy from a middleman which drives up prices.
The former owner of Sitka sold it and started KUIU with no middleman as he sells direct.
Check out KUIU, high quality with better prices !
Sorry for off topic but...
That's crap. Watch the boards and you can buy SG all day long for great prices, especially sites like this one and rokslide. I have like 50-60 pcs now and scored much of it cheap. Camofire has been selling SG cheap all week and unlike Kuiu, they ship instantly. Kuiu is solely designed for mountain hunters chasing goats and sheep, if you wanna hunt from a treestand SG is the better choice by far. Just make sure you allow the sizing to necessary layering, I go up a size in outer wear and my regular size for base and mid layers.

·
Ad Meliora
18,136 Posts
My Fanatic set is the best outerwear I've used and very warm. I would buy it again without hesitation.

Sitka also acknowledges that some of us need Tall sizes....not all mfg's are this bright.

·
Vendor
90,733 Posts
you do get what you pay for...sitka is high quality gear made with the bowhunter in mind...first lite is got some great clothing as well for bowhunters...we sale both and are currenly running some specials just pm us if you need help

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
It is worth it to me I dont regret a penny I have spent on Sitka

that said some of mine is getting fairly worn after 4 years and I am looking at Kuiu mainly due to different patterns

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
I have the Fanatic bibs and jacket....great quality and if you can afford it def worth it I believe.....

·
Registered
8,887 Posts
check camofire, like right now, they usually have some on there for a big discount off the regular price.

·
fall at last
3,260 Posts
I think it's worth it if you can find it on sale, rarely do I pay full retail for it. The fit, durability of the fabric and the quality of zippers is superior to most other stuff I tried.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts