Archery Talk Forum banner

Is the Bowtech Alliegence still relevant?

2561 Views 62 Replies 46 Participants Last post by  cptleo1
Looking at a 2007 Alliegence (brand new)....is this bow still relevant?
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

· Registered
324 Posts
Best Bowtech bow ever produced imo.

· Banned
204 Posts
It's a good bow - smooth and fast. Your Tribute is probably faster and maybe better than the Allegiance.
allegiance is faster than a tribute. i owned both side by side, same exact accessories and poundage, as well as draw length and my ally was 12fps. faster. (same arrows)

shoot the new s.w.a.t. first. my buddy epower100 got one yesterday, and its the speed of a tribute.. and from there it takes the best of the ally and tribby and makes them into one bow.

· Independent Joe
5,224 Posts
Best hunting bow out there IMO. It will take a lot for me to replace it for hunting. It will be "relevant" for years to come.

· Registered
2,649 Posts
I'm actually looking for a 08 allegiance, (just lighter than the 07) its going to be faster than the tribute.
The only difference between the 07 and 08 Alley is the camo was changed to HD green with the In-Velvet coating, the cams were changed to black and the string colors were changed.

I'm sorry if this is a little off topic, what are the specs for an 08 allegiance, ata, bh, ibo
7 1/4 brace height
33 1/4 axle to axle
327-335 IBO

· Registered
8,257 Posts
I have a 07 ally. I love this bow. The only other bow i have had that shot as good for me was mathews LX. The plus for the ally over the LX it is faster. This bow is a workhorse. Bad move for bowtech to drop this bow.

· Registered
3,243 Posts
Get em' while you can. They won't be made in 09'. I shot one for 2 years and its the best bow I owned over my 42 years in archery. Light, quick and dependable. I'm a gray shooter with a bad sholder and loved the solid wall, and the speed it gave for a lower draw weight. The 07' & 08' models were the best with the better grips.

Best of luck and good shootin'.

· How`s it going eh?
4,083 Posts
I have a 07 ally. I love this bow. The only other bow i have had that shot as good for me was mathews LX. The plus for the ally over the LX it is faster. This bow is a workhorse. Bad move for bowtech to drop this bow.
I am the exact same as you.I compare all bows to my LX because it holds and shoots the best for me until now.Got an `07 allegiance and this thing is just so balanced for me.Shoots and holds easily as well as the LX and is shorter and lighter and faster.I have a tribute that is roughly only an inch and a half shorter but can`t keep it even half as steady.I think I am going to pick up an`08 on sale just for a back up bow because I can`t ever see the allegiance leaving home!!.Very nice bow!!

1 - 20 of 63 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.