Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the offset applied with the fletching jig when fletching the arrow?
And can ANYONE tell me which fletching jig I should use that is cheap that will offset the 2" blazer vanes to a GT Ultralight 400, .290"Outer diameter?

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
Yes, the offset is applied with the jig. As for jigs, I use a Bitzenbuger and have used a Arizona EZ Fletch. There are quite a few jigs that are "cheap" and work well. I beleive that Arizona makes one.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Martin makes an "inexpensive" jig. So does Grayling. So does Bhoning.

·
Registered
676 Posts
BPE fletching jigs are pretty inexpensive and do a good jobbut the bitz jigs are just awesome IMO. very well designed and easy to setup and use. well worth the investment and they often come up in the classifieds here. got 2 on here for the price of one new one. both looked practically new

·
Registered
50,366 Posts
LOL I would suggest you leave fletching to the experts, it's not that easy to just get a jig and fletch arrows-------it's way more involved.:confused:

·
Registered
811 Posts
Fletching your own arrows is very satisfying, and give a good sense of accomplishment.

Sort of like tying your own flies and then going out and catching a fish on the first or second cast.

It takes a few times to get the hang of it but once you have got it you never look back. Remember the old "saw" that goes - If you want something done right you gotta do it yourself?

·
Registered
7,265 Posts
Kevin,

Ignore the naysayers and have a go at it.

"Leave it to the pros" seems a bit arrogant to me. The "pros" weren't born knowing how to fletch. They tried, maybe made a few mistakes, they learned and became better at it. Isn't that what pros do?

You can do it as good as any pro. Yeah, not the first time, but with diligence and practice you can improve.

Try it, make some errors on your arrows (I just love saying that), ask, learn, improve. Take pride in your improvements. What else are you going to do on those dark and long winter evenings.

I love fletching, you may as well.

Best of luck to you.

·
Registered
4,097 Posts
Get Bitz Get SuperGlue Get To Fletching

·
Registered
14,506 Posts
LOL I would suggest you leave fletching to the experts, it's not that easy to just get a jig and fletch arrows-------it's way more involved.:confused:
SERIOUS ?????? fletching isnt that hard, and with anything you get a little pratice then you get good at it. Why are you saying this?????

AAE jigs are actually quite EASY....great fletchers too

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
Is the offset applied with the fletching jig when fletching the arrow?
And can ANYONE tell me which fletching jig I should use that is cheap that will offset the 2" blazer vanes to a GT Ultralight 400, .290"Outer diameter?

Here ya go.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Bohning do an easy to use jig, as shown in previous post. I started with one of them Then moved to a Bitz. Arrow/Fletch prep is the key. You will see many posts about glue types, but with glue less is best don't drown the vane. I find that fletching your own arrows gives you a sense of achievement. Good Luck with it

·
Registered
406 Posts
Leave fletching to the exerts ???? Really ??? Its simple and easy to do yourself and allows you to add a little personality to your arrows.

·
Registered
14,506 Posts
LOL any of you realize your posting to a 7 year old post.
so youve been acting this way for years and years....SWEET Thats funny.......nothings changed i guess

·
Registered
50,366 Posts
so youve been acting this way for years and years....SWEET Thats funny.......nothings changed i guess
And a Merry christmas to you also-----------lighten up. I highly think the guy doesn't really care 7 years after asking the question. Get a sense of humor.

·
Registered
5,110 Posts
SERIOUS ?????? fletching isnt that hard, and with anything you get a little pratice then you get good at it. Why are you saying this?????

AAE jigs are actually quite EASY....great fletchers too
OMG - lighten up. Even I caught Dale's tongue-in-cheek sarcasm.

Oh yeah, MERRY CHRISTMAS - have a wonderful holiday :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts