Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

· Registered
754 Posts
Sweet

This kind of stuff backs up what I already thought, the high definition tree and leaf camos are great if they fit your surroundings, but for all the different situations I am going with asat or predator, more designed to break up your outline than blend in with surroundings.

Good stuff, and that optifade camo looks like another good pattern to break up your outline. Will be interesting to see what comes out of it.

· Registered
2,991 Posts
My brother and a friend of mine were able to do some "modeling" (Ha, ha) of the new Optifade pattern for some print ads that should run soon. For thier efforts they each got a full run of the stuff...Sitka Gear. (Lucky sons a....)

Anyhow, the pattern is pretty cool, it does look a lot like the new military digital camo. I'm sure it will work just great. I wonder how it will sell, it definitely doesn't look as attractive to the human eye as Realtree, etc, and that's what camo marketing is all about right? :wink:

· Registered
716 Posts
It would be funny to see one of them come up with some kind of digital camo of their patterns though.
Well, Bill Jordan's latest camo concoction is supposed to be the one pattern he is truly satisfied with, according to the commercial. I couldn't see Realtree copying someone else's design.:wink:

· Registered
346 Posts
No one will rememeber this, but I got into a big scrap on here with some guys about this very subject several months ago. No one listened to me except the few who are sold on the predator and asat lines. the mossy oak minions basically trashed what I said, even though I had to sit and listen to guys like these scientists day after day in our visual perception classes at UAB.

SO there! can you feel that... UH UH UH!!!

12,229 Posts
It goes back to what I have always said. It is more about breaking up a pattern and human outline than matching the backgroud exactly. ASAT and other patterns do this already to a lesser extent. I will be axiously waiting to see what this pattern looks like.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.