Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To go on line and get plot plans, i.e. who owns what property????

I'm not the brightest bulb for internet but will be looking for land 11 hours from home so would prefer to go there armed with "some" knowledge...

Thanks in advance for the help... :wink:

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Try GIS. In indiana most of the counties have this information online and for free. Google the county, state, with gis at the end. Should pop up.

·
Smilin' Bob
25,077 Posts
To go on line and get plot plans, i.e. who owns what property????

I'm not the brightest bulb for internet but will be looking for land 11 hours from home so would prefer to go there armed with "some" knowledge...

Thanks in advance for the help... :wink:
Which county and state are you looking for?

·
Registered
2,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Which county and state are you looking for?
Northwestern WV and the bordering areas of Ohio and Pa...

The sliver of WV that runs between the other two...

·
Registered
10,204 Posts
if this works that will be great. I've always had to go to the County Court house and go to the PVA office.

·
Smilin' Bob
25,077 Posts
Doing a quick search of Hancock, Brooke, and Ohio counties for online GIS services and assessor's maps didn't produce anything. Looks like they're a little behind the times.

·
Registered
14,403 Posts
Call the county clerk in the area you are interested in. They will know how local land records are kept and what information is available online. Keep in mind that tax maps and/or county plot maps do not establish title to real property, they are only the municipality's best guess at where property boundaries lie and many of them are inaccurate due to a lack of good information in the public record. They are however a very good starting point.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts