Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't find any Atsko UV Killer locally. Is there another alternative, besides ordering the Atsko from Cabelas? Wally World used to carry it, but not anymore around here.

Thanks- SS

·
Complaceny Breeds Failure
4,409 Posts
I don't know if there is an alternative, but I found mine at Gander Mountain if that helps any.

·
Registered
4,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't know if there is an alternative, but I found mine at Gander Mountain if that helps any.
Thanks- All we have around here is BP and I couldn't believe that the Mother store of all BP's didn't carry UV Killer.

·
Registered
4,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
my local walmart has it. sometimes they put it in the camping section.
Thanks dt. I checked the camping sections here too. All they had was the waterproofing spray from Atsko, no uv killer. If yours has it, maybe I just need to check a few more stores.

·
Registered
4,240 Posts
If you have cotton camo ...you can use some die in the wash cycle and it will dull them up ..I got my die from wal-mart ..I used dark brown ..it did not change the pattern ...I use it on Predator ..winter gray cotton twill ... and check before and after with black light ...helped a lot...on those but had no effect on my synthetic type clothes ...

·
THwack--CRASH
11,135 Posts
If you have cotton camo ...you can use some die in the wash cycle and it will dull them up ..I got my die from wal-mart ..I used dark brown ..it did not change the pattern ...I use it on Predator ..winter gray cotton twill ... and check before and after with black light ...helped a lot...on those but had no effect on my synthetic type clothes ...
that die is what you don't want
not that it matters but test show that uv killer helped, but very very little anyhow!
to me it was a waste of money jmho

·
Registered
4,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I normally just use the sportwash, but I was out of it the other day and ended up using some All Free & Clear. Now I read that All F&C has brighteners, which is not what I wanted.

Maybe I am paranoid, but wanted to be safe and not sorry.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts