Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know if hoyt has any plans for a new hunting recurve? The dorado has been out for 2 years and i have never had one but i was thinking of buying one but i dont want to buy one and then hoyt come out with a new bow thats sweet. so if anyone knows anything please let me know

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ooops

ok guys sorry for posting this thread twice but if you would post all replys on this thread that would be great thanks

·
Registered
9,746 Posts
I wish Hoyt would paint the Excell riser Flat Black and provide the Excell Limbs in a Maple or Camo finish. Sell the whole bow for about $375. I'd buy one.

·
Registered
125 Posts
On Fred Eichler's website, there is a picture of him with a turkey he killed. The bow appears to be a Formula RX riser in flat black with camo limbs. Looks like a nice set up.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ill be sure to check that out madtox

·
Registered
4,127 Posts
looks like

looks like a rx for sure as I own one.. but in pics looks like it has a radius shelf to shoot off of and camo limbs with hoyt logo.... the rx is the sweetest shooting bow I own... and super quiet right out of the box, no string silencers needed or limb padding and dead steady in the hand...also looks like a shorter riser like 19 or 21 inches where as they only come in 23 and 25 inch for target...

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Whoa that looks hot, with the radius shelf, Looks like a real winner, let's hope they market it this year and not Fred experiment with it for too long.

·
Registered
4,127 Posts
yup

with the picture blown up it has the rx limb set up and the dorado grip and is shorter as my formula rx has 4 cut outs from shelf to limb bolt so is definetly shorter...

·
Registered
318 Posts
A camo or flat black Excell sounds good to me, i am in the process of sorting my new 3D set up. Thinking of Excell re-painted with short 45# TT carbon wood limbs. Although I like the look of that pic.

mick uk.....

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
Thats a nice link......As for that riser...."IF" We take it for an average that a man's hand is approx. 4" wide, I'd guess that riser between 21", and 23" long, closer to 23".....Neither of which is Hoyt making for sale to the Public at this time.....Soooo....I'd venture a guess and say that Hoyt either made a Prototype riser just for Fred, (which I doubt, since setting up fixtures/tooling and programming is very expensive, I know this because I'm a Machinist) or Fred is Field Testing a new hunting riser from Hoyt.....Either way, that riser ROCKS!....Jim

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
I wish Hoyt would paint the Excell riser Flat Black and provide the Excell Limbs in a Maple or Camo finish. Sell the whole bow for about $375. I'd buy one.
Centershot......Just go to Walmart, or Advance Auto, or NAPA, and buy a can of Bedliner Spray....Under $12.00 most places, and follow the directions.....DONT use this on Your limbs....It is awesome stuff to paint a riser with.....BiblethumpinCop turned me onto this stuff.....Makes spray paint seem like Magic Marker......Take care......Jim

·
Archery Coach
23,291 Posts
currently, the shortest RX (I believe) is 25"

I have a pair in 27" which seems to be what most of the serious FITA archers are using of the two lengths

·
Registered
745 Posts
That's a sharp looking setup. I have a friend who is supposed to be getting an RX camo dipped by Hoyt. Haven't seen it yet.

I wonder if that riser is a prototype Hoyt came up with while designing the RX. Might be one they built on a shorter platform but they decided to scrap for the longer 25" and 27" versions. Than again, could be a new hunting version, especially with the radiused shelf and two piece quiver mount holes drilled through the riser. Pretty cool either way.

If it is a new one I bet that sucker is gonna be pricy. If it came down to getting a $400 dollar Dorado or Gamemaster vs. a $800+ ILF rig I'd stick with the non-adjustable models. For hunting I'd rather tune it the old fashioned way and not spend a bunch on "adjustability"... and all I've shot for the last few years have been ILF style bows.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i sure hope they come out with it soon, if they are gonna come out with one but i tell you what that bow freds got is really sweet looking and if it shoots as good as it looks i bet its a winner and my birthday is july 7th so if they are gonna come out with one i hope its before july

·
Registered
9,746 Posts
That is a sharp looking machine........What do you thing the price for a bow like that would be? The regular Formula RX riser retails for $669, Ouch.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts