Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

· Registered
1,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really don't have the option to try out alot of different bows but its hard for me to believe that any bow can be completely vibe free. Anymore it seems like anytime a review is given on a bow it is said that the bow has no handshock" and some even say no vibration.

So how does hand shock differ from vibration?

I would think if everyone picked up any bow and closed there eyes before the shot and concentrated on your bow hand everyone would feel some sort of vibe even if it was a very minimal amount.

I know that my personal bow is a pleasure to shoot. If I keep an open and relaxed bow hand I feel no vibe on or after the shot. But if I grip my bow hand I can feel a very very tiny amount of vibe after the shot.

So is there such a thing as a "vibe" free bow? Or is it that some vibe can be felt with all bows but some bows have more/less vibe than others?

· Hoyt Nation Life Member
15,100 Posts
Closest thing your going to find in a Vibe Free bow.........Maitland.

Seen Ike's review ???

· Registered
11,867 Posts
Bowtech General and Admiral, my Gaurdian had no vide either.

· Registered
1,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Closest thing your going to find in a Vibe Free bow.........Maitland.

Seen Ike's review ???
Not sure but my commander was as close as it gets
Thats what I mean! you said the "closest thing" and "my commander was as close as it gets". So does that mean they still had vibe even though it was VERY VERY minimal?

· Registered
1,944 Posts
if you watch them all in slow motion youd wonder how they stay together. they all have some vibration but not all of them transfer that vibe to the grip which makes some bows really smooth. i dont see how they can get any smoother.

· Registered
3,545 Posts
Technically NO.

It's a tool used by marketing folks to seduce consumers.

The bow is a stringed tool, instrument, implement etc, and bu the way it works, it HAS to have harmonics when it works.

R&D guys either suppress, dampen or place the harmonics where they would be less felt.

Then the marketing guys take over! LOL!

There is one way to make sure a bow is totally, absolutely vibration and shock free:

Unstring and/or let it lie completely still in a vacuum.

15,100 Posts
Thats what I mean! you said the "closest thing" and "my commander was as close as it gets". So does that mean they still had vibe even though it was VERY VERY minimal?
Maitlands have the lowest felt hand shock, vibration out of them all. Ask anyone that has switched bow brands to Maitland. There is one retired Navy Chief Petty Officer on AT that says "The Maitland is everything the Commander and Constitution wanted to be". Here's what you don't have that you have with the Bowtech's....

1. Cam lean
2. Riser Flex

I have owned the General and Commander. Both 2008 models. I swore that if I ever kept the Commander i'd put Hoyt cams on it to get rid of the Binary ones and utilize the split buss cable system. As for the General....at full draw the arrow was pointed to the right of the target right along with a long stabilizer. Both bows left for good.

Funny now that you look at the whole Bowtech picture.... They use a split buss cable system on the Destroyer and Invasion. (wonder why) And.......use the Maitland upper riser design to support the limbs. That's Maitlands 2010 design on Bowtech's 2011 bow.....Hmmmmmmmm !!

I can't count the times over the years i've been here.....seen threads about people trying to contact Bowtech about the tuning issues and never getting a reply from them. They didn't know how to fix their own creations. Explain to me why so many machinists on this site was building "Shoot Through" setups for the Center Pivot Bowtechs.

Go buy a smooth shooting Bowtech. Live it up and best of luck to you.

15,100 Posts
For the record....

Not all shorter AtoA Center Pivot Bowtechs had the riser flex issue. Some to most did however. Mine did. This is just my observation over the years and what's introduced for this year. This is not new news....... There have been threads before on this issue that I didn't start.

· Registered
3,272 Posts
Maitlands have the lowest felt hand shock, vibration out of them all. Ask anyone that has switched bow brands to Maitland. There is one retired Navy Chief Petty Officer on AT that says "The Maitland is everything the Commander and Constitution wanted to be". Here's what you don't have that you have with the Bowtech's....

1. Cam lean
2. Riser Flex

I have owned the General and Commander. Both 2008 models. I swore that if I ever kept the Commander i'd put Hoyt cams on it to get rid of the Binary ones and utilize the split buss cable system. As for the General....at full draw the arrow was pointed to the right of the target right along with a long stabilizer. Both bows left for good.

Funny now that you look at the whole Bowtech picture.... They use a split buss cable system on the Destroyer and Invasion. (wonder why) And.......use the Maitland upper riser design to support the limbs. That's Maitlands 2010 design on Bowtech's 2011 bow.....Hmmmmmmmm !!

I can't count the times over the years i've been here.....seen threads about people trying to contact Bowtech about the tuning issues and never getting a reply from them. They didn't know how to fix their own creations. Explain to me why so many machinists on this site was building "Shoot Through" setups for the Center Pivot Bowtechs.

Isn't this a thread about vibration free bows? Seems like you've got something against Bowtech! I shot my general today for the last time before I sell it, that thing doesn't vibrate. And it shoots good believe it or not!

· Shooter of flesh
7,672 Posts
Everything vibrates.

· Anti Fanboy
49,908 Posts
There are several bows thats been out in the last few years that I was not able to detect any vib. If you tune them properly, which I did, it took care of any felt vibe. Sometimes it requires a good stab but nonetheless its obtainable.

· Registered
1,746 Posts

1. Cam lean
2. Riser Flex

Stop and take a breath.---------------To the OP, all bows have to have some reaction, even my guardian has a little, but it has Less than any other bow i have ever shot, with none of the issues that is being made up here.

32,934 Posts
I've never owned one but the Switchback is the only bow I've shot that comes close to that.......Just absolutely nothing upon release!

· Registered
5,442 Posts
If you never shot a General then you have no idea how close it was. Great bow.

· Registered
867 Posts
No bow has no vibration. But many have very very low vibration. Enough that its hard to feel.

Nice way to try to turn this into a bowtech bashing thread.
With ya on that! No such thing as a vibration free bow. I like to think my Mathews bows are but I have to go with reality and remember the nature of the beast. Just the way a bow operates will cause vibe. I have never owned a Maitland or Bowtech so I really can't comment on them. It is funny how quickly threads turn in to company bashing.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.