Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My cousin took this pic from his porch about 100 yards across the river. North East PA.
He said it's a mountain lion that he's seen a few others as well. Btw, those rocks are about 2 ft by 2 ft big, as I've been there plenty of times through the years.
What's your thoughts? Maybe someone can blow the pic up and verify.
Thanks 6302.jpeg

·
Registered
9,772 Posts
The picture does nothing to help a person a ID a animal. It could be anything.

·
Born yank raised south
17,044 Posts
Looks like a bobcat or housecat to me.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If you download the pic and expand it ..it's definitely a cat of some sort. Like I said, those rocks are of decent size.

·
Si vis pacem, para bellum
1,280 Posts
too hard to tell from that pic fore sure...but looks the most like a red fox pup to me.

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
If I've seen it once I've seen it a thousand times. People mistakenly identify the lighter summer coat of the chupacabre as a mountain lion.

·
Registered
Mathews HalonX 70 Lbs 28.5 draw 670 grain gold tip single bevel Tuffheads
846 Posts
I see Big Foot

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
I zoomed in to 300% and I can barely tell its an animal let alone what type of animal it would be. Based on the size relative to the rocks I'd say there is no way its a mountain lion. Could be a bobcat, house cat, a dog, or even a paper bag.

·
Registered
546 Posts
If I've seen it once I've seen it a thousand times. People mistakenly identify the lighter summer coat of the chupacabre as a mountain lion.
Is that the Blood River? LOL

·
Registered
739 Posts
My best bet would be housecat followed by bobcat. Just too hard to tell from that pic if it was a mt lion

1 - 20 of 83 Posts