Archery Talk Forum banner

Is this buck a shooter?

978 Views 38 Replies 26 Participants Last post by  yoda4x4
I have been fishing for the past month and just pulled a game camera and got this guy. I am wondering how many of you would consider him to be a shooter or if you think he needs another year or so. This is a video so click on it to see it. When he walks off it is over.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

· Registered
8,257 Posts
If you think he is. Shoot him. If you go by somes standards on here. You may be in for along dry spell.lol. But then again it might cause you to put some serious bone on the ground. Good luck whatever you decide.

· today's macguyver
5,747 Posts
Where i hunt, i would take him out if given the chance ,but as far as yourself it is your call , you know your area ,will some one else let him go, or shoot him ? the trophy is in the eye of the beholder .

· Registered
5,951 Posts
I know you asked for opinions, but why should it matter what other people think.. Go hunt, have fun, be legal and harvest what makes you happy.

Good luck and God bless..

· Registered
2,762 Posts
I hunt for meat and for the hunt, not for horns or bragging rights...but I am sure glad lots of guys pass up small bucks for guys who think like me.
this was my last buck only photo I have): was he ready?:teeth:
Brown Red Carmine Maroon Close-up

norm

· I like big buffs!
4,372 Posts
If you have to ask, then no, he's not a shooter.

I didn't look at the clip. But what I've learned over the years is if you hesitate, doubt, second guess, or have to ask others to validate a bucks size, then you most likely won't be 100% content with it.

· Registered
11,801 Posts
I'd sure smoke him in my woods, but you know your location, hunting pressure, etc., better than anybody.
I see you're in Ga., if your property is next to Bill Jordan's farm then no...lol ,,, but it's ultimately up to you,,, heck I shot a 7 pt today with the rifle that most would snub at on here but I have been watching him on the camera and I made my mind up that if I see him ,,, he's toast! Enjoy the hunt !

· Tacos de Lengua! Sabrosa!
4,427 Posts
That's a big deer in my woods

· today's macguyver
5,747 Posts
I'd sure smoke him in my woods, but you know your location, hunting pressure, etc., better than anybody.
I see you're in Ga., if your property is next to Bill Jordan's farm then no...lol ,,, but it's ultimately up to you,,, heck I shot a 7 pt today with the rifle that most would snub at on here but I have been watching him on the camera and I made my mind up that if I see him ,,, he's toast! Enjoy the hunt !
Congrats on the buck Randy !!!!!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.