Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this deer has a nice spread but no brow tine and onlt 5 points.. i think he needs weeded out an i wrong??? wife always thinks so:(

Attachments

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
looks old to me

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
looks like he is older than the rack says. take him out.

·
Registered
3,624 Posts
judging by his stash of enzyte in his back pocket for the rut id say hes old.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
no genes there

i would take him out, say he is 4.5 maybe 5.5. flat head, long snout, spindley rack, thick neck, good size body says he is older buck. but no genetics there, never have big rack, and you don't want those genes spread around any more. be a burger deer.

·
Registered
8,248 Posts
deer get most of their genetics from mommy and culling deer on non fenced in areas is pointless. i can only shoot one buck with my archery tag and one with my gun. for me he is too small to waste my archery tag on. maybe during gun season he would get it. but he looks old to answer the question.

·
Banned
1,245 Posts
thick neck puny rack...wack him and fill your freezer

·
Registered
243 Posts
i would say 3.5 years old. i would definately take him out.

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
Maybe if more of you out of staters hunted in NY state...you'd appreciate your deer more...

It's shame you'll shoot a deer only to "weed it out" rather than shoot it for meat, etc... I understand the whole management for genetics and bigger racks but gee whiz...that's not the definition of hunting. I shouldn't judge though...God does his own "weeding out"...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts