Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a new 50#' Invasion. It's 30" DL, maxed out at 52#'s. I'm shooting a 310 grain arrow (90 grain Muzzy) at 310 FPS. Mathematically this is 64 ft-lbs of K.E.

My question is, is this a deadly enough combo considering arrows weight, speed, KE, broadhead, and drawweight.

I know that Uncle Ted shoots 48#'s but I also know he heaves fully leaded logs at his critters compared to my 310 grain twig.

I'll only be hunting whitetail. I will also only have a maximum of 35 yards to shoot out to too.

What do you all think? I hate to change anything this late with the opener starting in just a few weeks...the bow is fully tuned (paper, WB, and broadhead out to 80 yards) and I would have to start over if I put my arrows on a high fat high calorie diet.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
that's far more than plenty.

·
13,794 Posts
I think you'll be jsut fine with that setup...heck you are getting the same KE that I am with at 27/63 380...and I have blown through everything I have shot with this setup.

·
Registered
313 Posts
You're probably shooting harder than I am with my 26ish" draw length and 63ish lbs.

·
74,535 Posts
Deer are not safe. Good luck this fall.

DB

1 - 10 of 10 Posts