Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 154 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I ordered my RX3 the shop put in the order for the wrong poundage limbs. They ordered the correct ones and I waited an extra couple of weeks and they would install them. Shot it for a bit, found that thread about sight mount issues and got paranoid, now I noticed this and was wondering if it's how it's suppose to be? Which I kinda doubt but didn't want to go in and complain about nothing. Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
8,070 Posts
Not how it's supposed to be. Someone installed the right limb upside-down. The Hoyt logo and limb tip reinforcement should be on the OUTSIDE. Don't continue to shoot it like that!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Been shooting it everyday for about 2 weeks now. Should I ask for it to be replaced for a new one or will it be ok?

·
Registered
8,070 Posts
You should get the shop (or a better shop) to at least flip the limb over the right way. The limb may or may not warrant replacement for structural or cosmetic damage from being installed upside down. My guess is that if you sent a pic to Hoyt Customer Service, they would recommend a whole new set of limbs (and hopefully chastise the shop that did the work)

·
Registered
5,600 Posts
Seriously, how can anyone including someone new to archery pick that up, let alone shoot it for weeks and not notice that issue? And You need to find a new shop!

·
Registered
767 Posts
I could be wrong but I would contact Hoyt before bringing it to the shop. With that lack of knowledge or care I highly doubt they'll have good costumer service. Hopefully I'm wrong but rather than admit they made a mistake your going to be a hindrance to them and you and everyone on AT are wrong. At least with a recommendation from Hoyt you may get the job done right and I would definitely insist on knew limb. Best of luck

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
I can’t believe Hoyt let it leave the factory that way, and I can’t believe the shop didn’t see it.

·
Registered
51,108 Posts
I can’t believe Hoyt let it leave the factory that way, and I can’t believe the shop didn’t see it.
Left the factory wrong?????? How does Hoyt play into something totally the shops fault. The shop clearly ordered the bow with the wrong poundage, never offered to get a BOW order with the proper poundage. The shop made the choice for getting different limbs and then put them on wrong. Just how is any of that caused by company.

·
Registered
3,826 Posts
It’s not Hoyt it’s a totally crap shop. This has to be a joke, but I would not put it past a few shops around here anymore.

·
YouThinkIcan't?!WatchMe
7,102 Posts
I will contact Hoyt about it. You have been shooting a bow with limb installed upside down. Those limbs have specific shape to it. And now you bent it wrong way. There is no way I will ever come back to that shop.

1 - 20 of 154 Posts