Archery Talk Forum banner

Is this normal wear

1035 Views 11 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  Martin_Cheetah
Ok, this is going to be hard to explain. I was waking my string the other day and i noticed some wear on one of the cables close to the cam. It looks like normal wear to me, so I am not worried about it. The string is 1 year old, and i didnt shoot for a good 7-8 months. Its a 2008 Martin Cheetah Super-Mag. I just want to know your opinions
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
269 Posts
Normal, just make sure the serving is not seperated and strands are getting cut. If it is seperated you can have it reserved or reserve it yourself.

· Registered
5,465 Posts
Hard to tell without a pic or two.

· Registered
1,994 Posts
Yeah it looks its where it rounds the cams! And the metal wrapping seems to be worn down a bit, but it hasnt affected anything, and it is in perfect working condition.
What metal? I had a bengal and the serving separated, I just kept an eye on it and it was fine until I changed strings. I went with Bucknasty strings and this solved the problem.

· Registered
1,994 Posts
Just keep an eye on the strands under the serving. If they are not frayed or broken you will be fine. I had mine do the same thing. When you get ready to get new strings I would recommend Bucknasty's. I have no serving separation what so ever. Be sure to order them in advance it takes a while for him to build them but they are well worth the wait.

· Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just keep an eye on the strands under the serving. If they are not frayed or broken you will be fine. I had mine do the same thing. When you get ready to get new strings I would recommend Bucknasty's. I have no serving separation what so ever. Be sure to order them in advance it takes a while for him to build them but they are well worth the wait.
Thanks for the advice. Funny you say that, I was thinking about when I am going to replace the string today lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.