Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have just gotten back into Traditional Archery and have a DreamCatcher and A Martin "Stick" My question is I'm left handed with a compound and thats what I purchased. Is it possible that I can be right handed for Traditional instead. I feel and shoot better right than left but on Traditional bows only?? I instinctive shoot in traditional and hit better groups and flying balls . Went to a 3D shoot a few weeks ago and they had no left bos so that's how I found out where you get 6 arrows for a buck and hit the flying ball...

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
Have you ever checked to see which of your eyes is dominant?

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
vermonster13 said:
Have you ever checked to see which of your eyes is dominant?
yes I am left eye dominat and changed over to left handed last year for compound where my groups and ease of shooting became better :wink:

·
Registered
29 Posts
being a lefty traditionalist myself all i have to say is this.

if your a lefty dont shoot like a righthanded person. why screw up your technique by shooting two different ways? archerys key is repitition and skill and that whole kentucky windage thing. to switch hands would be like relearning a lifetime of shooting. theres enough southpaw persecution in the world lol. resist resist my dear boy lol.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts