Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had decided to go with the Trophy Taker Shakey Hunter Fall Away Rest. A buddy of mine was in an archery shop this afternoon checking on their prices for this rest. The pro there said, do not buy this rest. He says this fall away rest will not pick up a broad head of 100 grains or more. I want to know if this is true? I put up a thread here several weeks ago quizing hunters about the shakey hunter fall away rest and all I got were praises abou the rest. If it wont pick up a broad head, why would they even put in on the market knowing they will get thousand of complaints. I'm ready to buy this rest but am now hesitant to put my money on the table.

6xbulls

·
Banned
2,346 Posts
LOL

That "Pro" doesn't know what he's talking about...

It isn't a spring or in fact, any part of the rest that raises the launcher. It is a cord that is attached to the cable and hooked up to a piece on the launcher that raises it. So the CABLE moving down as you draw is what is picking up the launcher. So it's not true, it'll lift any arrow just fine....

·
Have bow will travel
823 Posts
Been shooting TT's for over a year. Tips from 80 grains to 140 grains. Not ONE problem. Best rest made!!! That pro needs to pull is head out of his ass.

Scott.

·
Registered
58 Posts
6xbulls said:
I had decided to go with the Trophy Taker Shakey Hunter Fall Away Rest. A buddy of mine was in an archery shop this afternoon checking on their prices for this rest. The pro there said, do not buy this rest. He says this fall away rest will not pick up a broad head of 100 grains or more. I want to know if this is true? I put up a thread here several weeks ago quizing hunters about the shakey hunter fall away rest and all I got were praises abou the rest. If it wont pick up a broad head, why would they even put in on the market knowing they will get thousand of complaints. I'm ready to buy this rest but am now hesitant to put my money on the table.

6xbulls
TT isn't my first choice, but I don't believe I would give that "Pro's" opinion $0.02 worth of consideration.....on anything.

·
In 'Da Head
24,266 Posts
Your information is incorrect, and quite ridiculous to even a logical person. Why would a company sell a rest that could not support a 100 grain head. The rest is all metal construction and the tension on the rest comes from the tether to the down cable. It sounds as though he saw one which wasn't set up correctly. The rest should be all the way up within the last 1 1/2-2 inches of draw. I would be willing to bet my TT could pick up a 10 lb weight and hold it there. You have been misinformed.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I agree with all of you that this has to be a great rest and there is now way they would put this rest on the market, being a well know and respected company, if the rest couldnt be used in the field for hunting. I have never used this archery shop in the past. A buddy of mine uses them all the time and stopped in to check on their prices for me while he was in the town where this shop is located. Kind of ticked me off, cause he even bad mouthed this web site when my buddy mentioned I had gotten some good advise and lots of praise on the rest and other archery questions from this site. I dont think I will be using this guy for anything in the future.
Thank you all for your replies

6xbulls

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
I use the TT on my indoor bow. I shoot 32" 2613's with a 265 Grain point.

Trophy taker is one of the best fall aways on the market. If you want a fall away, you won't be disapointed.

My 2 cents.....

·
Registered
447 Posts
No.

It is not true that it will not pick up a 100 grain or heavier broad head. While I would not bet on a 10lbs wieght it would not really surprise me much. But I will guarentee a trophytaker that has been set up properly will lift any carbon/aluminum arrow and any broadhead widely manufactured.

·
74,535 Posts
Dan Evans

Built this rest for hunters. It was built tough to with stand the hunters demand. Dan knows Elk Hunting

Attachments

·
StringMakerExtraordinaire
2,225 Posts
I would have liked to hear his explaination of why it would not pick up a 100 grain broadhead. I suppose he probably told you it would work fine for any field point though..

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Wow!!!!

I can't figure out why he told you that,maybe he wanted to sell you a diferent type/brand of rest....its tied into the cable via a cord,it has to pull the b-head up into place,no choice in the matter :tongue:

·
Registered
9,509 Posts
pro shop

archery1 said:
LOL

That "Pro" doesn't know what he's talking about...

It isn't a spring or in fact, any part of the rest that raises the launcher. It is a cord that is attached to the cable and hooked up to a piece on the launcher that raises it. So the CABLE moving down as you draw is what is picking up the launcher. So it's not true, it'll lift any arrow just fine....
WOW, I'd same what an idiot!!!!

·
Registered
701 Posts
why is he called a pro????????? :confused:

I been using a TT for a few yrs now ,,they are great

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Tt

Pro? Hardly! TT is a great rest. What else was he trying to sell you in it's place?

·
Registered
7,056 Posts
BS Flag----- nuff said. :cool:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts