Archery Talk Forum banner

issue causing arrows to fly left

665 Views 6 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  coop
Guys, I need a bit of advice or opinions on something that is affecting my shooting.I am right handed, shoot a bow that I can easily shoot, and hold at draw, it is a 1yr old Ross Cardiac bow (got it new last year). Started noticing that even though it has been paper tuned, sighted in properly, etc... I began to shoot arrows to the left of my sight picture. Like 3-4 inches to the left. Okay, checked everything... re-sighted my bow. Still I continue to do the same thing. I believe it must be something to do with my form or grip. I have no idea how to post photos.*** I shoot tight groups,(arrows touching quite often) but left of where sight picture is which is really frustrating!)
Last night I did take the time to pay close attention to the level(bubble) inside my sight. To get it level, I had to kind of lean my body a bit to the left, which seemed like my bow was cock-eyed. Yet when I shot when the sight was level, arrows went exactly where pin was. Now I can make sure I check my bubble(level) but I just wanted to know if anyone has any ideas on what I am doing to torque my bow and send my arrows consistently to the left. Thanks ahead of time.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
4,220 Posts
If your arrows are hitting dead on when your bubble is level then yes,you are torquing. You shouldnt have to lean with your body to level it up though. Why were you doing that as opposed to just changing the grip?

Are your groups like this from the get go or does it occur after you have been shooting a while? If the latter it could come from fatigue.

· Premium Member
17,591 Posts
Is there a grade from right to left on your range? You will naturally cant your bow when shooting on a grade. Use that bubble level and get used to how to hold the bow while it's completely vertical. In time it will feel just right and you won't have to check the bubble every time.

· Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This happens right away. Groups are consistent and tight but of course 3-4 inches to the left. I shoot off my elevated deck which is about 12-15 ft off ground. I am pretty sure its level and I have this problem when on the ground too. It could well be my grip. I have tried relaxing the grip some... Any one have any photos of a proper grip? The problem is I never had this issue before the end of last season,:confused:

· Registered
28 Posts
I had this exact same issue last year. When I put on my new sight this past spring that has a bubble level on it I noticed I had been canting the bow. When the bubble is in the middle, so are my arrows. I've also realized when I do not properly follow through, the arrows don't hit their mark. Good luck.

· Registered
401 Posts
This happens right away. Groups are consistent and tight but of course 3-4 inches to the left. I shoot off my elevated deck which is about 12-15 ft off ground. I am pretty sure its level and I have this problem when on the ground too. It could well be my grip. I have tried relaxing the grip some... Any one have any photos of a proper grip? The problem is I never had this issue before the end of last season,:confused:
http://archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=636065

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.