Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This has been a lousy year for me trying to get Archery Equipment. First I order a new Mathews Icon and it takes Mathews three tries before they get it right. Then I order a new Bowman Accuriser ll and the anodizer takes an extra 3 weeks to finish the risers and I end up with silver limbs instead of the black ones I ordered. Then I buy A sightmaster Elite 2000 sight in May to use as my 3D sight. I order the optional windage adjustment unit only to find that the machine shop that manufactured them have lost the plans and who knows how long it will be until they find a new machine shop, get them redesigned and go into production. I still haven't recieved word that they have gone into production. So ok then I order a super peep and a clarifier and get one of the recalled ones that cuts my string and the wrong sized clarifier. Now I order a fist quiver and I'm told 5 weeks. After seven weeks I find out fist is waiting for leather another two weeks. GEEEZE I'm hoping thats the last of it.

No such luck. I bought I really nice Scepter ll From one of our AT members. The only thing is it doesn't have Fury X cams. OK so I'll order new cams. After two weeks my cams arrive. So Today one of the members of my club who has his own small shop Tears down my bow to install the new cams only to find out that someone at Martin made a mistake and never reamed the axle holes and so the axles are too tight. So now I have to wait another week before the new cams get here AGAIN. I only hope this time they have been checked BEFORE they send them.

Is it me or has Murphy chosen me to spend all his time with me.

·
Registered
6,235 Posts
Geez Noel......Is there a rain cloud over your head???
Just look at it as a "character/patience building excercise":D

·
Registered
212 Posts
At least you didn't get hit by a hurricane.:D

Maybe you should change your name to "Shleprock". Remember him from the Flintstones? He had your kind of luck...............................................................DF1

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Shooter Mike

I have already had enough Character building for this year. I had all my teeth pulled and dentures made in March, Lost my job in April and was told that my insurance would not be in effect for the Hernia operation I needed in June. I think my Character has had all the building it can take for one year, thank you.

·
Registered
6,235 Posts
Sorry to hear of your circumstances. When it rains it pours, but eventually it will stop. Just keep your chin up.
Best wishes to ya:)

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Archerybuff

I wish it were a joke but unfortunately it is true. I still have a sense of hope and humor so it is far from over for me. I just hope it lets up a bit. I'm getting married in less then a month and Murphy isn't invited. LOL

·
Occam's Razor
9,054 Posts
Well, now..........you should invite Murphy..........:cool:

You know the old saying, "keep your friends close, keep your enemies closer"......:cool:

And, keep him up there............:D .............ck

·
Registered
9,862 Posts
I hope you're not speending too much time at the bar playing Keno!!!!:D

·
74,535 Posts
Unfortunately

Untell internet and forums such as this many never heard the horror storys of archery equipment unless you were a dealer telling customer it will be two months before your bow will be here.
The only choice we have is buy from someone else. HV, tough call buddy anyway you look at it. But my favorite saying is dont complain it can always get worst. Hang in there buddy hopefully Mr. Murphy will hit the road.

·
Registered
3,499 Posts
Wow! I thought I had bad luck.
Throw salt over shoulder while walking backwards around ladder 3 times.:p

·
Registered
2,866 Posts
HV, why don't you just ream the holes yourself or get a machine shop to do it? It's like a 5 minute job.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts