Archery Talk Forum banner

It is finally DONE! Mathews LX (AT Version) WITH PICTURES!!!!

2524 Views 28 Replies 19 Participants Last post by  young_bull44
A very large "thank you" goes out to all the boys at Bass and Bucks (especially Josh and Dennis) in Wabash Indiana and the fellas over at Butch's Paint Shop in Kendallville Indiana.

It has been a month or two in the making but it is finally complete. I am not sponsored by anyone so all of the products outfitted on the bow were chosen because I believe in the quality and performance of each and every one of them.

2005 Mathews LX
Sword Apex 3rd Plane
B-Stinger 12" 11oz
Vapor Trail Strings
Vapor Trail Limbdriver Rest
String Tamer
New Mathews Stabilizer Dampener
Goldtip Ultralight Arrows
Fusion Vanes

She is a looker, enjoy the pictures...

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

· Classifieds Administrator
39,734 Posts
Awesome job!

What did you do to the grip? Paint it black? Look sweet!

I see you got the lastest damper too, impressive set-up! Very impressive!

· Registered
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Awesome job!

What did you do to the grip? Paint it black? Look sweet!

I see you got the lastest damper too, impressive set-up! Very impressive!
I am partial to the fatter Mathews grips so I didnt want to throw it out. I sanded that baby down to fit my hand PERFECTLY, then I painted it with textured paint and then put a coat of outdoor furniture polyurethane coating on it!

· Registered
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the only thing she is missing is a release that is worth a darn. An ST 360 would be nice :secret: i have a WTB ad in the classifieds :secret:

· Bow Bender
6,974 Posts
Man!! That is NICE!! Job well done. Definitely :star::star::star::star::star:'s

I have a blacked out Monster on the way, hope it look 1/2 as good as your bow! Thanks for sharing the pics. They look great!!

· Registered
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Man!! That is NICE!! Job well done. Definitely :star::star::star::star::star:'s

I have a blacked out Monster on the way, hope it look 1/2 as good as your bow! Thanks for sharing the pics. They look great!!
A black monster is going to be one of the sickest looking bows around. I cannot wait to see them when they come out. That thing would look sweet with some black and red strings to match the logo:mg:

· Registered
1,874 Posts
Very nice, the LX brings back memories, gave mine to my brother-in-law it is hanging in his garage collecting dust, he bought a crossbow to replace it. I should get it back and do the same thing you did. The LX was a great bow for me very nice hunting bow.
I really do not understand why Mathews does not make a bow similar to the LX with all the great specifications and features with todays Mathews.

· Registered
267 Posts
Super nice LX. Its truly a one off now. :thumbs_up I have one that I am completing in a week or two. It is what I am going to call a government issued LX. Black limbs and accessories with flat desert tan riser with blacked out cutouts. I will create a thread when I am done.

Attachments

· Registered
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Super nice LX. Its truly a one off now. :thumbs_up I have one that I am completing in a week or two. It is what I am going to call a government issued LX. Black limbs and accessories with flat desert tan riser with blacked out cutouts. I will create a thread when I am done.
You sure do have all the trimmings, cannot wait to see it! :darkbeer:

· Registered
11,771 Posts
Very nice, I had an LX and it was a very cool bow!! On a side note, what kind of fletchings are those?? I have not see any in that shape before, looks pretty cool!! '94

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.