Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
74,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I sold an item and person told me the check was sent and cashed at a local bank.

Well come to find out he right and was being honest.:thumbs_do Apparently someone got it out of my mailbox:angry:

He faxing me the check info and bank info tommorrow.

Sad thing is the guy didnt even sign the correct name on the check.

One thing for sure I will do everthing to catch this guy and file all charges if I find out. Felony stealing from a mailbox. Thieves really get under my skin.
DB

·
Registered
9,509 Posts
That stinks hopefully the bank he cashed it at has a good security camera that got the dirtbags picture, and lock his arsh up:teeth::teeth:

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
If he's caught, he will do time! Believe it or not, other inmates don't like thieves either! He will have it rough in prison!

·
<------Reese
Reckoning, GEN7X, Fast Eddie XL, Easton 6.5 Matrix, DCA IconX 625
15,651 Posts
Wow, bank tellers really don't care anymore. I can't wait to hear the end to this story. Go get 'em!

·
Hoyt Nation Life Member
15,077 Posts
I guess if your not standing by your mailbox to get your Flippin" mail these days........Ain't Nothing Safe !!!

·
Registered
881 Posts
how would someone know there is a check in that envelope? did they steal all of your mail? Or possibly it got delivered to the wrong house.

·
Lowered expectations
17,102 Posts
What kind of bank cashes checks these days for a person who couldn't possibly provide positive ID and a bank account number? What kind of bank cashes checks these days without holding the equivalent amount of funds in the person's account until the check clears?

:confused:

·
Banned
4,646 Posts
How do you know it made it to the mailbox? Was the bank in your home town where it was cashed?

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
The bank is on the hook for cashing the check without the proper signature. At least that is what I recall about the uniform commercial code from negotiable instruments all those years ago.

·
74,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Stash

What kind of bank cashes checks these days for a person who couldn't possibly provide positive ID and a bank account number? What kind of bank cashes checks these days without holding the equivalent amount of funds in the person's account until the check clears?

:confused:
My bank you have to give a thumb print if you do not have an account there.

Im quessing it wont be that hard to track them down. Talk to a local PI frind of mine and she said it very comman around here for drug guys to just ride down random streets and get stuff out of you mailbox. Often they take that info and use it online.
DB

·
74,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I dont

How do you know it made it to the mailbox? Was the bank in your home town where it was cashed?
I dont know if it made it to my mailbox. Could have been done from post office. Either way the bank should be on the hook for cashing it, I hope.
DB

·
Registered
36,982 Posts

·
Registered
9,994 Posts
How much did you get taken for DB? If someone stole something out of my mailbox, they would get screwed.

·
Registered
226 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
How much did you get taken for DB? If someone stole something out of my mailbox, they would get screwed.
You would first have to know who the culprit was. Then you could screw them. That was one of the wierdest posts I read. Most people would contact the aurhorities, not fornicate with them.lol

1 - 20 of 55 Posts