Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got done running this evening in the Fredericksburg Battlefields historical park area. I saw a doe and her triplets and a yearling on the side of the road. It was just before sunset and the three fawns were just frolicking about and the other two eating and with it being in such a historic place like a Civil War battleground I just thought it was a beautiful thing and I thought I should try and paint that picture for you all.

·
southern traditions
4,993 Posts
thanks from one va boy to another. sometimes we get caught up in just seeing horns and look beyond the beauty and grace of the whitetail its awsome just watching something so beautiful.I love the outdoors cant wait to be in a tree.

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
Wish I could've been there to see that. The contrast and imagery would be unforgettable.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Thanks for sharing. Those little fawns are really fun to watch. I took these pics. today in my backyard.

Dave

Attachments

·
Registered
53 Posts
Yeah!! That little one would make a great sandwhich, jist kidding guys!!!

·
Registered
754 Posts
I saw one yesterday that was just dropped.....MMMmmmm makes you wonder how late our rut takes place down here, we usally see our best rutting activity in Jan. Anyway "she" could hardly get up, I was going through a field full of weeds on the 4 Man and I saw something move, she got up and moved about 6 feet an laid down as flat as she could get. It was good to see her, but the sad part is that these late yearlings are to meet with the reaper next weekend, for I have to bush hog these fields and speaking from experiance.....sigh......most dont get up. I love to hunt deer but I have a very soft spot in my heart when it comes to this....this is the only time of the year that I truely hate.

Good to see another Leatherneck on the site!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts