Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I was shooting really good 3D but was having some stretching on my wrist release. I bought a STAN thumb release and dropped from avg. 320/360 to 280/360. This was very difficult for me to weather the storm, but I am back to ave. 310/360 and getting better with each day. Anyone else travel this same road? I was not that brave to take the back tension road. This is an easy indoor 3d league <40yds.

· Registered
15 Posts
Well just yesterday I took the back tension road. Today I have a fat lip. Well, just puffy with a cut on the inside. I shot with it yesterday, just seeing what it's all about. Then last night I messed with the travel setting while useing a cord on it inside the house.

Today not being concerned about changing the setting, just after the draw started with the bow, wham!

I found out that even with the locking lever locked, if it's set to light it will still go off.

Now I'm on that road with a lot of respect for the release. Might be awhile before I start looking at scores.

· Registered
77 Posts
i too just picked up a back tension release, only i dont have a safety. i taught myself and everything, but am getting pointers on form and my release. my scores bombed in a 450 league from 410+ to 320 this friday. but with a little bit of help with an ex pro shooter today i feel much more comfortable with the release. the same thing happened when i switched from a wrist release to a handheld. just tough it out and you will see an improvement

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.