Archery Talk Forum banner

Its a miracle!

1159 Views 16 Replies 12 Participants Last post by  N7709K
UPS finally found my lost bow. I had all but given up hope about ever seeing it. It should get here friday or monday.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
102 Posts
i remember when i was a kid the ups guy showed up and i was getting my first ever compound. for some reason the ups guy and my dad got into a fight at the front door. till this day all i can think about is the back of the truck leaving with my bow in it. after all these years i asked my dad what did happen. the truck showed up early and it was a cod order and my dad didnt have the money order yet. he had asked the guy to if he would wait five minutes and the guy said hell no and then it was gone.

· Registered
729 Posts
N7709K doesn't even know yet, but UPS just delivered his bow and all the accessories. He's going to be SO excited!

I've got to give some much-deserved praise to Mr. X-Ring, the gentleman who traded bows with my son. He shipped the bow off immediately once we'd agreed to the swap. He has been going above and beyond to keep in contact with us, and keeping in contact with UPS from his end to try to get this whole thing resolved. He has been nothing but generous, gracious, and helpful. When you enter into an online, cross-country trade like this with someone you don't know, you're taking a leap of faith. I can't imagine a better person I could have been dealing with throughout this whole UPS-lost-the-bow incident.

Thanks, David. You're a peach of a guy! :thumbs_up

· Classifieds Administrator
39,604 Posts
One thing to keep in mind guys, we often get mad when these people lose items in the mail but just sit back and think of all the packages USPS, UPS, Fed Ex etc. deal with on a normal work day.

The loss percentage is probably very low but still something they probably address on a daily basis as lost packages cost them money. Maybe you didn't get it insured and its a loss but they lost a customer in you, so they do understand.

They are all just trying to make a living and support their families like all of us do. Its when things like this happen, the package is found, that they really should get praise!

I am glad you got the bow and glad this worked out and nobody is cursing those big brown trucks anymore! :grin:

· P#NW045
12,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
N7709K doesn't even know yet, but UPS just delivered his bow and all the accessories. He's going to be SO excited!

I've got to give some much-deserved praise to Mr. X-Ring, the gentleman who traded bows with my son. He shipped the bow off immediately once we'd agreed to the swap. He has been going above and beyond to keep in contact with us, and keeping in contact with UPS from his end to try to get this whole thing resolved. He has been nothing but generous, gracious, and helpful. When you enter into an online, cross-country trade like this with someone you don't know, you're taking a leap of faith. I can't imagine a better person I could have been dealing with throughout this whole UPS-lost-the-bow incident.

Thanks, David. You're a peach of a guy! :thumbs_up

Thank you a lot Mr. X-ring. You are a great guy. The bow is in pristine condition. Thanks for going above and beyond on the shipping and keeping in touch throughout this whole ordeal. Thanks for the great accessories that you included with the bow!!! :wav: I would recommend Mr. X-ring to anyone. He is a very nice guy to work with.
:darkbeer::darkbeer:

· Registered
178 Posts
Glad you got it !!!!

I was so happy to hear from Annie today when the bow arrived. I am glad that this worked out and you finally received the package. I set an email earlier with the FedEx tracking number for the new Winners Choice cables and string. You should receive those in the AM before 10:30.

Have fun with it this weekend!!!

Best,
David

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.