Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So back in the day i had a diamond black ice for hunting and a diamond liberty for huntet class and hunting/backup, a buddy comes over with an alien x still in the box and said hed trade me straight up for my black ice. I did, biggest mistake ever. At the moment i have a bm 32 on order and i just found another black ice in perfect condition really cheap. It needs nothing. Should I get it? Its 2 hrs away, still have mods for it....always something!

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You could also get a real good sight or rest and half a dozen arrows for that money. Old bows are like old relationships, it's ok to remember the good times but better left in the past.
Yeah but theres that 1 chick that every once in a while you think about and say dang! Lol

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I just put up a miter saw in craigs and if it sells ima go take a peak..

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I aint gona lie thats the smoothest drawing bow i have ever drawn back till this day.and if you look closely the leaches on the string are still on, those ussualy fall off within the first couple hundred shots. Doesnt look abused at all to me...

·
Registered
I don’t hunt for the sport I hunt for the meat
25,400 Posts
Sounds like u are in love with the black ice!!! If u feel that strong Id buy the bow before someone else gets it

·
Premium Member
26,863 Posts
The black ice is an incredible hunting bow,my best hunting buddy has been shooting one since 2008..i have been trying to find him an Elite hunter or 32 to replace it but cant seem to find the one that fits him on here...he will just use the black ice again this fall....Grizz

·
Registered
4,403 Posts
Black Ice and Marquis are the best bows Diamond sold. Wish i never sold my Marquis. Not speed burners but oh were they shooters even by todays standards. Couple of fhe best single cam bows ever made.

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
What is wrong with the Alien?
It was just a completely different bow. I wasnt comfortable with the valley on it. Had to fight it from trying to jump out of the valley. And that was with a buckle release..ended up shooting a hog in the ham with it, it jumped out of the valley when i drew back and was settling in for the shot.

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The black ice is an incredible hunting bow,my best hunting buddy has been shooting one since 2008..i have been trying to find him an Elite hunter or 32 to replace it but cant seem to find the one that fits him on here...he will just use the black ice again this fall....Grizz
Saw an elite hunter in cherokee nc at the pawn shop by the strip there. Bow looked brand new but string was toast. But i wpuld say letem keep the ice till it fails. In reality what else does he really need?

·
Registered
7,265 Posts
I have an Alien, and it's a very nice bow. I also have the Black Ice. I prefer the BI.

I have a couple of bows newer than the BI, but for now the BI is still my very second favorite bow. If someone offered me one for $150 I'd probably be owning two of them.

Good luck with your decision.

·
Registered
3,486 Posts
Man...its 189 bucks. Can probably snag it for 150
Go get it. If you find a bow that you love that works for you, why bother with anything else? I'm still shooting a Bowtech Destroyer 350 from 2009 (2010 model). It fits me perfect; it shoots flawlessly; and it does everything I need. I don't understand the obsession to buy "the latest and greatest" bow every year.

·
Registered
4,819 Posts
Their has been plenty of times i thought I was "upgrading" by purchasing a newer model bow. That is not always the case. Wish I still had my destroyer!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts