Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday im driving back from where we went hunting for 3 days. We are almost back home when i spot a monster 10 point just on the bush line. We turn around to go see it, We parked about 100 yards from it and walked up on the side of the road to it. When we we're walking i thought he was behind this pine tree but then i saw somthing move in the corner of my eye. He was looking right at us at 20 yards. I whisper to my buddy his right there, Get this he looks at us then starts EATING!!!!!!!!. We stood there at 20 yards for 5 min watching him eat. It was almost like he was teasing us, he would put himself broad side "this a good shot for you guys?" then he would put himself slightly cordering away "oh wait this is even better eh boys"?

To add fuel to the fire, the north side of the road its closed and the south side its open!!!!!!!! Guess what his on the north side of the road.

Here we have 65 feet of road allowence, he would of been right on the 65 feet, So really what is the line to split both zones? the middle of the road? As beautiful as that deer was we opted to not shoot.

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Really im just lucky my buddy told me it was closed. I had really just came out of a tree 1hr prior. I was still in hunting mode, i had my bow in my hands when i was walking there. I was nocking n arrow when my buddy said its closed!!!! I was like F**K thats right!!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
they DO know. they know what posted signs are, for sure. and they know when the seasons open and close too. i think they read the rule books just like we do.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts