Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Arrow Whisperer
11,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have looked at all these threads over the last few days about Ross and G5.

Sometimes laughing, sometimes near tears because of the level some have taken this too.

The biggest thing that concerns me is the way that many are giving out information. The I have a credible source that said this and said that.

Folks their are only two sources for information Ross & G5.

The biggest thing that is a surprise to me and confusing because I know that this wonderful sport has to have more intelligent people that have the ability think than Im seeing make posts on most of the forums.

Most people are taking sides on this scenario:

Ross refused or was unable to pay g5 after two years of the two companies doing business together. g5 took great pains and did everything possible to give ross the time needed and more to pay for bow parts. As a last resort they and at risk of closing themselves made the choice to break ties with ross after ross lost its backers. G5 having no choice decided to put the parts together and place a bow line on the market to recoupe the expenses in order to save their company.

Some believe the second scenario is true:

Ross signed g5 to manufacture parts g5 a growing company trying to expand their product line tried to buy ross, ross turned them down. g5 had some type of issue in getting the bow parts to ross causing them to not make due dates last year. This year again attempted to buy ross and were turned down again. and once again products werent supplied and ross didnt meet due dates. Backing was pulled and then g5 demanded ross pay for the parts which they still didnt have.

The reason I make this post is either could be true or parts of both could be true or none of this could be true. We dont know we only have all of these rumors to go on.

Why have we gone away from Brothers and Sisters in this wonderful sport who would support each other.

We come together when tragic things happen, someone dies, a child is sick with a life threatening illness, someone falls on hard times and calls out for help.

We come together and we are excited when someone shares priceless memories of a great hunt, a winning season on a shooting circuit.

Why have we gone away from this to stoop to taking sides mainly because of the bow we shoot or the forum we choose to be a part of.

It time someone steps up and says enough is enough Archers are bigger than this.

I dont care what bow you shoot even though I may call you a fanboy it is only in fun, Im actually excited you found a bow you love. Because each of us are fellow archers with a passion for a wonderful sport.

For me it stops here, I will laugh with you over a joke, I will cry with you when something tragic happens, I will be excited with you when you take that buck of a lifetime, I will share my experience with you and take advice from you to help each of us grow in the sport and become better archers.

I am a Archer and Proud if it!

·
Registered
6,665 Posts
Absolutely. For me it's tragic when any archery company or any archery family suffers. Unfortunately, some people revel in the misery of others. But like you said, ENOUGH IS ENOUGH. We need to support each other, not bicker amongst ourselves. No wonder the Anti's are winning... we are our own worst enemy.

It's time for a radical change, and it's up to each and every one of us to decide how we change... for worse... or for better. I know what I am going to choose.

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
Well said Jerry.
Thanks for reminding us to keep things in proper perspective.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
good post, thank you!!!!

·
Registered
703 Posts
Those last few paragraphs/lines should be required reading for anyone who is posting on this site. i am new to target archery and have found the vast majority of shooters friendly and willing to help.

However, there are a few people who need to remember Rule Number 6, "Don't take yourself so damn seriously".

·
Administrator
65,518 Posts
Please allow me to quote the following...

Posting Potentially Libelous / Slanderous Material Is NOT Permitted
We have seen an increase recently in potentially slanderous statements in some posts and threads. This is absolutely prohibited. Slanderous statements are those that contain defamitory information directed at a particular individual, product, or company without indisputable factual evidence. Please refer to AT rule 10, which can be found in this global announcement at the top of every forum:

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/announcement.php?f=3&a=59

Quote:
10. What may not be in a post is as follows: Material that is threatening, harrassing, or abusive to any party. Content that is defamatory, hateful, potentially slanderous, or in violation of any law is not tolerated. Knowingly posting false or misleading material will result in moderator action. (emphasis added)
ArcheryTalk.com members must be particularly careful when writing posts critical of products or individuals. When writing a critical post, if you cannot prove it, then don't write it.

The increased potentially slanderous material lately has been mostly directed at outfitters...where someone had a less than desirable experience. The posts have included unsubstantiated claims defamitory toward the outfitter. But there have been others as well, including one post where the member claimed that a person had been killed by a defective product.

Please think before posting. You can usually make your point without posting potentially slanderous material. If you do post direct accusations, they MUST be supported with indisputable proof. And "I saw it with my own eyes" and "me and my buddy both seen it" is not indisputable proof.

Indisputable proof would be a link to an article in a reputable magazine or newspaper, a court order or ruling, a bench warrant or arrest warrant, or some similar document.

Defamitory, libelous, and potentially slanderous posts will be removed, and although we will try to send a PM with our reasoning to the poster, we may not always do so. Additionally, such posts may also result in immediate suspension or termination of posting privileges.

Please note that this subject is NOT open for debate, and there may not be any further warnings.

RK
Administrator

For this reason, we will be diligently moderating threads of this nature. We are asking that they not be posted, but inevitably they will pop up from time to time. We want to share information about archery with all, but not rumors and unsubstantiated comments. Rest assured, as actual information becomes public, it will be here, in some way. :wink:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts