Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's time for Savage to sell Bowtech. From what I am seeing a lot of Bowtech followers, shooters, and dealers are jumping ship. All of this sorresponds around the time that Savage bought them and Mr. Strasheim left.

It's time for them to become a christian based, archer minded company again before Savage runs them out of business.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have to add this thought, and this is only based on my preception. It appears that Savage is more interested in the box store lines like Diamond and Ross. Every box store I enter I see a plethora of them. On the cover of Cabelas is a guy shooting a Diamond.
There is litle doubt that they are moving bows, and probably more bows than before the merger. They simply are not moving the premium bows to the discretionary archer and I really don't think they care.
The profits are higher and costs are less to service box stores and volume sell.
Don't forget....we are talking about Savage.

·
Registered
273 Posts
i agree i used to shoot bowtech i had an 04 extreme very good bow this was my year to up grade but with all the problems they have and there customer service went to pot. i went with hoyt. JMO.

·
Registered
799 Posts
I continue to be astounded by the negative remarks and opinions that Bowtech receives here on the boards. Anytime a company becomes incredibly hot and popular in a short amount of time there are bound to be growing pains and detractors. They have sold a ton of bow in a short amount of time, we must recognize that. They have some obvious issues, but I think they have addressed them as they have come. The recall they did on the General's showed me that they were willing to acknowledge a problem and take care of it. We can say that is what they were supposed to do, but talk to any mechanic and he will have a story of a failing part on a car that the manufacturer was well aware of and never did a thing.

I shoot a Bowtech currently, and that is because I like their looks and I am a big fan of the pivot-limb. I think Mathews and Hoyt and both putting out an overall higher quality product, and I hope Bowtech gets to that level. I think they will and I do not think they are going out of business as often suggested here.

They do seem partial to working with big box stores, but I don't have a problem with that as much as others do. I wish it were easier to buy a bow and welcome more choices for the consumers.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I also shoot a Bowtech, in-fact, I have two of them. I am astounished at the change since Savage bought them. The days of the Tribute and the Allegiance are gone.
When the General failed yes they did make it right by the consumer, but in doing so they alienated countless dealers. It is no secret that they had the dealers replace the faulty limbs and did not pay them for any of their labor. I know a dealer who replaced limbs on bows that he didn't even sell! As a working person I greatly resent that.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Yes, I really liked by Tribute! I think they dumped it a little quick. I would have liked to see it get a bit of an update for 09 and stick around. I don't know much about the dealer issue, I have never personally seen the contracts between the dealers and the bow companies and what their obligation is in that case. I know it is mentioned frequently with all bow companies from time to time.

I would rather see Bowtech in the hands of the founders or someone similair, but I think that ship has sailed. Bowtech has gotten HUGE and I think it will continue to grow. Who knows, they may now be more interested in the Diamond/Ross segment that sells in big box stores. I would think they would need the success of the flagship bows to drive the sales of their other products, such as the Octane line.

·
Registered
289 Posts
What is the big deal with "big box stores" selling flagship bows? I wish there was a big dealer around here that carried several different brands. If i wanna shoot a new PSE i have to go to this dealer, if i wanna shoot a bowtech i go to that dealer, same with hoyt and mathews.. I WISH i could line up 3 or 4 different brands to shoot side by side.

Only bad thing about big box stores is that "most" of the people there don't know the difference from one bow to the next. But I know of some flagship dealers who are the same way......Isn't this why you work on and tune your own bow? Its why I do.

Bowtechs CS does suck now. Before you could call them up and they would always help out or get you what you need......not anymore.

I'm still shooting an '06 allegiance because i haven't found anything that was $800 better.

By the way I jumped ship from Remington rifles to Savage a few years ago.

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
I do not shoot a Bowtech but believe they 'were' good bows.

From a business stand point my observations are this. IF you do not give people what they want they will find it elsewhere. Most all businesses are fickle...probably bow industry more so. You have to have a warranty that people can believe in and that works. Same with customer service. I have always said what I think really sets a company apart is service.

I don't really know what has gone on completely with Bowtech and Savage but it doesn't matter. If you do NOT serve your customers AFTER the sale you WILL NOT LAST! Especially in a tough economy. Period.

·
Registered
772 Posts
I used to be a big supporter of Bowtech until they stopped making their flagship, center pivot bows in my draw length. Their new target bow also doesn't come in my draw length. The end result was I tried a Hoyt Vantage Elite and now I'm so happy that Bowtech stopped caring about my money.

·
Time Flies
13,281 Posts
I've never had the opportunity to shoot the Tribute, but it seems that everyone who ever shot it loved it. Also, I think the 2007 line was just about as good a bow line as I've ever seen...the Guardian and Commander are right up there with the smoothest, quietest bows I've ever seen/heard.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
I think Bowtech will be fine, can you blame them for putting more into the box stores, thats where they are selling, I have shot a couple diamond bows and loved both of them. Diamond could be a top line on their own IMO. Bowtech may be down now but that does not mean anything. I could see them dropping a line. PSE had AR (great bows), Browning, and the flagship PSE. First they dropped AR, and now Browning is hardly making anything. I say it is hard for one company to keep 3 different brands up and running. I have never shot a Ross, so I will not say that should be the one they drop, but I eventually do think it will happen. I wish Bowtech all the best though, more companies are better for our sport and we all want it to grow.

·
Registered
10,964 Posts

·
Registered
14,295 Posts
It's time for Savage to sell Bowtech. From what I am seeing a lot of Bowtech followers, shooters, and dealers are jumping ship. All of this sorresponds around the time that Savage bought them and Mr. Strasheim left.

It's time for them to become a christian based, archer minded company again before Savage runs them out of business.
Yes, Christian based is a must to survive in the archery business.

Bowtech isn't quite as cool as they once were, I think they are a victim of their own success as their innovations and success drove, inspired, and even forced other companies to get with the program or be left in the dust.

Nothing I would shoot, but they still seem to make a fine bow from what I've seen.

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
What does this have to do with bowtech being a better run company. Should they tag there bows with the 10 commandments. I agree that whenever a small local company gets bought up by a mega company is never a good scenario, but I just don't understand why they should be christian based. And I think that bowtech bows are just fine. I have a general and love it.

·
Registered
9,601 Posts
Yes, Christian based is a must to survive in the archery business.

Bowtech isn't quite as cool as they once were, I think they are a victim of their own success as their innovations and success drove, inspired, and even forced other companies to get with the program or be left in the dust.

Nothing I would shoot, but they still seem to make a fine bow from what I've seen.
What does this have to do with bowtech being a better run company. Should they tag there bows with the 10 commandments. I agree that whenever a small local company gets bought up by a mega company is never a good scenario, but I just don't understand why they should be christian based. And I think that bowtech bows are just fine. I have a general and love it.
Forgive my ignorance but I don't see why any company must be Christian based to survive?
Yeah....what does christianity have to do with anything......:confused:

·
Registered
14,295 Posts
Forgive my ignorance but I don't see why any company must be Christian based to survive?
well, when you have Jesus Christ on your side, I like your chances much better than a company not teamed up with Jesus. Not saying you necessarily have to have Jesus to survive.

·
Registered
5,377 Posts
I was personally turned off when I saw the quote from the bible on my bowtech box. Luckily the bow is awesome and speaks for itself tough.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts