Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been shooting the same 2 releases for over 20 years. A 2 finger Stan and a Golden Key The Answer. I have owned several other hinge and thumb trigger releases over the years but these 2 are the ones I have always went back to. So now it's time to get a new release and I'm having a heck of a time deciding what I want. Usually I know and just get it but with this. Not so much. Lol. I don't shoot tournaments or indoor leagues anymore. I shoot almost everyday in my yard or garage. My daughter and I shoot at the local club indoors for fun a little through the winter and hit a few 3D's through the summer. Then hunt in archery season. I don't barely shoot the Stan anymore and The Answer is pretty much just wore out. So now I can't decide between the Stan Perfex or the Carter Like Mike. I like the options that the Perfex has but I like just how simple the Like Mike is being a wrist release. I shoot my answer just as good as my Stan. Just not sure it's worth the almost $100 for the Perfex considering this is basically just for hunting. Anybody got some info that has shot these maybe that will help me out. Thanks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
50,344 Posts
Like picking a bow, totally a personal choice. What someone likes may be 180 from what you like. Try and find some shops that have them and give them a try.

·
Registered
5,892 Posts
If you really like the Perfex, a $100 isn't much if you use this one for 20 years like the old ones.

·
Michigander R.I.P.
5,490 Posts
I believe Lancaster Archery offers releases for people to try out. If you are in a rural area like me that is about the only way to try releases.

But if you still want my 2 cents go with the STAN.

·
Registered
17,786 Posts
Typo, that was supposed to be buy one each, you not me:wink: I have had great luck buying on here though.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I believe Lancaster Archery offers releases for people to try out. If you are in a rural area like me that is about the only way to try releases.

But if you still want my 2 cents go with the STAN.
Yea. I'm in the same boat. Not many places to go in my area. And the ones I have around don't have what I'm looking for. They have to order them in.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts