Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok now that we know that the IBO worlds and 3rd leg are in new locations let's move on to the more important issues.....What new rules do you think the IBO or the ASA will add/change for next year?

·
Registered
6,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I say HC should require broadhead usage, I mean who hunts with field points?
Or maybe make it arrrows must have either 100 or 125 gr field points.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
I'd love to see the Cub class changed...How can a nine year old leave FBH (10yds, non-competitive) an not get discouraged when they discover that they have to shoot 20 up at 25yds to be competitive? Yeah, that promotes the youth in IBO...

I'd like to see a Jr. Cub class with a hunter set-up (easier on parents wallets) for the 9 and 10 year olds and Cubs should shoot together. A lot of adults don't like shooting with kids and I'm ok with that and a lot of kids (mine) get discouraged when they are often the low scoring arrow....My son thinks he should be able to shoot as good as any adult in his group (good attitude to have) but, let's be realistic, most adults have a few years experience on him and he has trouble understanding that.
I much prefer the way the ASA handles the youth situation.....Without throwing any rocks, the IBO could take some notes.

All hale the mighty ASA! Beat cha to it Billy! :wink:

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
I'd love to see the Cub class changed...How can a nine year old leave FBH (10yds, non-competitive) an not get discouraged when they discover that they have to shoot 20 up at 25yds to be competitive? Yeah, that promotes the

I'd like to see a Jr. Cub class with a hunter set-up (easier on parents wallets) for the 9 and 10 year olds and Cubs should shoot together. A lot of adults don't like shooting with kids and I'm ok with that and a lot of kids (mine) get discouraged when they are often the low scoring arrow....My son thinks he should be able to shoot as good as any adult in his group (good attitude to have) but, let's be realistic, most adults have a few years experience on him and he has trouble understanding that.
I much prefer the way the ASA handles the youth situation.....Without throwing any rocks, the IBO could take some notes.

All hale the mighty ASA! Beat cha to it Billy! :wink:
I have to agree with you. The youth should not shoot with the cubs and shouldn't shoot with the adults, they should have their own course so they feel competitive and comfortable so they stay with the sport and they have fun.

·
Registered
5,529 Posts
I believe the IBO rule structure is pretty good as it stands, but they need to have range officials on the course to enforce them. I know it would be a little harder to do than in ASA due to the stung out type courses but why put out more rules if no one is enforcing the existing ones. Some are going to say it's up to the group to enforce themselves but how often is this done. I very much enjoy shooting the National events and I don't want to be the one to call a fowl on a member of my group only to shoot with PO'ed shooters the rest of the weekend.

·
DeaD Middle
4,447 Posts
I believe the IBO rule structure is pretty good as it stands, but they need to have range officials on the course to enforce them. I know it would be a little harder to do than in ASA due to the stung out type courses but why put out more rules if no one is enforcing the existing ones. Some are going to say it's up to the group to enforce themselves but how often is this done. I very much enjoy shooting the National events and I don't want to be the one to call a fowl on a member of my group only to shoot with PO'ed shooters the rest of the weekend.
Agree with you. Your paying to shoot why do I (any of us) have to enforce the rules all the time? Should have an official atleast one on every course. That would cost some money so I guess that's out.

·
Registered
6,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Agree with you. Your paying to shoot why do I (any of us) have to enforce the rules all the time? Should have an official atleast one on every course. That would cost some money so I guess that's out.
I know in all the groups I've shot in we all have had questions as to if "x" was in the rules...of course each with their own idea of how the rule reads. For the most part as groups we've been able to come to a consenses and move on. However it'd be extremely nice to have a way to call for an official (this being mainly IBO) to pass a ruling when the group can't agree. As it stands now you basically have to wait and hope that someone comes by on a 4 wheeler and flag them down...

·
Registered
5,439 Posts
I think the hunter class is always going to be the hunter class. Leave it how it is.start a novice class one shoot and your out. Also cubs should get somewhat of there own course but let's be more realistic 40 more targets set isn't going to happen. Also even though im out now moving the youth classes up sucked this year the sane kids are still going to win.you should be trying to prepare them for open and the green stake did that perfect.

And o yea as heath said all hail the mighty and great ASA but really the Ibo needs to take some notes maybe a sims range with payback.the bowhunters defense is cool bit there is like 5 door prizes now and you can't shoot the targets after friday without blowing through them.more shoot offs and novelty games etc should be held give people a reason to stay at the shoot site and more vendors will come.

Here I come semi pro im pumped for 2012 if you can't tell!

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
No special drive through the ranges for the pros. They should have to walk just like the rest of the paying shooters. And, it is distracting as heck for the shooters on the courses they are driving through.

No jumping in line on the practice range.

·
Registered
870 Posts
No special drive through the ranges for the pros. They should have to walk just like the rest of the paying shooters. And, it is distracting as heck for the shooters on the courses they are driving through.

No jumping in line on the practice range.
LOL.

We are lazy dang it. JK.
jame

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
the altering, changing the ground rule has got to be changed for the following reasons:

1: Its a crazy rule but crazy is an ambigious word

2: IMHO its not enforceable,

However, I do not agree with bringing shovel and picks to level the ground...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts