I've been FOB'd!!!!

1031 Views 12 Replies 10 Participants Last post by  gr8whitehuntr2
Rogbo has assimilated me into the FOB collective :darkbeer:

Dang these things shoot good!

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
600 Posts
I was at Ackleys and Sons in Westfield P.A. Today and checked and asked if they sold Fob's and the Guy said he never heard of such a item and said it doesn't seem like it would work better then 2" Vanes..

So I have to get my hand on a dozen Fobs and take my Bow there after it's tuned in for the flight of a fob and a drop away...

Nice shooting

· Registered
1,078 Posts
I love mine. I took a nice doe on opening day (Yesterday). I also like how they pop off at impact. Which helps find the place where the deer was at if there isn't a bolldtrail at first.

· Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I had never heard of the FOB's either until last September Rogbo and I hunted in RSA together and the first morning he came walking out to the range with them...I looked at him like this :confused:

Now....I'm drinking the cool aid :darkbeer:

· The business is finished
3,123 Posts
I'm ashamed I should know this.......translate the sig line please. Very nice group. What's that 5 yards...:wink: Just wait till the first time you see a FOB pop when you hit a critter. I thought my arrow had bounced back out. Glad you are grooving on them. Come on over if you have any questions we'll knock one back and sort it out.

· Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Remember when you asked if I had broken one yet because they group so tight....yea....that didn't take long! Broke one today after work!

Gotta start shooting at the 5 bull targets I guess :wink:

· Livin' in a van....
8,508 Posts
i was showing them off to some "unbelievers" last weekend. so we're shooting and the jerk decides to shoot a broadhead after i shot! slit the foil on my fob.

i roundhouse kicked him the way chuck norris told me i should...

· The business is finished
3,123 Posts
He says he wishes he was back in Africa.
Me too......

i was showing them off to some "unbelievers" last weekend. so we're shooting and the jerk decides to shoot a broadhead after i shot! slit the foil on my fob.

i roundhouse kicked him the way chuck norris told me i should...
The roundhouse is a nice touch, but don't worry. If the outer ring is cut but with no pieces missing, it will still work just fine. There's an old saying about underwear "if it's got two leg holes and a waistband, it's still in the rotation" Well with a FOB if it's got a hub and a wing ring, it's still rotating.

· Registered
1,363 Posts
I am a believer too!!!

My brother in law gave me one to try. I shot a doe on Monday night. It was like watching a glowing tracer nock all the way to the deer. It was sweet.

I did not recover FOB because i did not get a pass through and she drug it across the field. It snapped off while she drug it in grass....did not find it.

They shoot like darts!!!

I have a couple of arrows still fletched...after that....it will be FOB's from then on....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.