Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
yup, I myself have posted it in numerous "my bow exploded threads" Usually the person it happens to claims its the manufactures fault, which is usually 98% theirs...I love that video as it proves a solid point.

·
Registered
47,473 Posts
I don't buy the BS in that video at all. First, they call their customers idiots, more or less, and did you see how hard they had to try to make it derail? Then they changed the cams after the video was made and guess what? The derailments stopped. Go figure, right? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
^ yes, it is over exaggerated I admit that. but its truth...

Derailments are mostly operator error. PERIOD.

The only reason I can think it would happen other wise is horrible cam lean.

·
Registered
47,473 Posts
^ yes, it is over exaggerated I admit that. but its truth...

Derailments are mostly operator error. PERIOD.

The only reason I can think it would happen other wise is horrible cam lean.
I'll let you in on a little secret......it's all BS. :lol:

I've been shooting since '74 and haven't derailed a bow yet. I've drawn them with my freakin' feet even! :mg: Plus dozens of times I've drawn my bows then held them away from my body to look at cam timing. But yet no derails. The same goes for some guys who've had first year Destroyers derail on them. It WAS a problem with the cams and they proved it by changing them for the 2011 models, and all they had to do was leave a little more metal in the right spot to fix the problem.

Mathew's had the same problems with their first year Monster cams, but at least they replaced them for free and didn't have vids like this one out there trying to shift the blame.

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
So your saying All derailments are the manufacturers fault?

Yeah, shallow string groves have played a roll in derailments. But at the same time, the same bows that we recalled were shot by many other people without a problem.... Torque is applied regardless. some do it worse than others.

Bet you if you took one of the destroyers with the shallow string groove, shot it out of a machine 1000X's it wouldnt derail, let someone draw it back improperly and see what happens.

Also throwing in you been shooting since 74 is cool...but in 1974 to 2011 technologies have changed drastically. While sure you might have more experience, we are all still learning the new stuff. time, in this case plays no factor.

·
Registered
47,473 Posts
Also throwing in you been shooting since 74 is cool...but in 1974 to 2011 technologies have changed drastically. While sure you might have more experience, we are all still learning the new stuff. time, in this case plays no factor.
It doesn't play a factor. The point was that I've shot tons of bows of differing designs and mass derailments have only happened with TWO cam designs in that time. And leaving out that little bit of metal was to net a whopping 1fps, if they're lucky. I'd say it was caused by a lack of R&D and sufficient testing before releasing it to the public.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts