Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the post says it, I shot alot from age 13 to 20, and then just didn't have time to pursue my 3d shooting or hunting... I'm now 23 almost 24, and I decided to get back into it due to a new location and a helpful friend/neighbor. My last bow was a Q2 which was "decked out" at the time, with a NAP dropaway (top of the line at the time), quality fiber optic site and mongoose release.... I'm on a tight budget and just purchased a Q2XL with a Sword Apex Hunter sight, with 3 pins and a light, peep, limbsavers, and a lower end standard prong rest. I know I want to ditch the prong rest and head for another dropaway, from what I read the Sword sight seems to be a solid hunting sight but I will need another pin for 3D shooting. Any sources? Thanks for the input guys, I'm no archery dummy I worked as an archery tech for 2-3 years and the shop fell apart after I left and I had many guys coming to me years later to set up their bows properly, I just haven't kept up on the new products and technology in the last couple years. What can you tell me about setting up my new to me Q2XL for a solid hunting rig?

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
Check out the AT classifieds. You can find some great deals on some of the latest archery products. Ripcord and QAD seem to be 2 of the frontrunners as far as drop away rests are concerned. However, there are many more. I shoot the QAD and i'm satisfied with it. Congrats to you on getting back into it and best of luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts